Ashran PTR

I spent about an hour in there as Alliance for novelty. Played with Juga for old time’s sake. Ran into Governnator too on his Horde DH (sorry/not sorry bud).

It appears the events are removed, leaving only the road battle. There is a reinforcements/HK mechanic, 300 “lives”. Victory conditions are kill the general, or kill 300 guys, just like IoC.

The Ancient Artifact, Lightning Shields, Tubers, and all the other misc toys are still there. As well as the summonable Treesus and Krosus.

I was hoping things would be more streamlined and we’d get a “TM vs SS” style push/pull zergfest map, but from what I could tell before I quit, the matches could last a very long time. I was in there for about an hour and things were more or less at a standstill.

I do hope they remove those consumables, as I’d rather not have to free up 4 or 5 toolbar slots for stuff only Ashran uses. 2 expansions later. Seems a very dumb idea, and they complicate something in the epic queue in my opinion. I imagine many arguments await us.

Frame rate/lag was pretty meh. Better than IoC is when it lags out, but not better by a whole lot.

Edit: heard from Gov, apparently it ended 15 minutes after I left. Alliance win due to reinforcements. So the match lasted just over an hour.

3 Likes

Was far better than Ashran with side quests but not sure how it’s going to do as a BG. People complain about a 30 minute WG as it is :joy:

1 Like

Yeah exactly. It was “better” than old Ashran, but I think they could streamline it a bit more. Get rid of some toys and a gimmick or two, etc.

Hopefully it goes through a few builds on PTR.

Assumeing the artifact and all that are in there? or w/e that dmg increase thing was

Yes, the Ancient artifcat and all the other “gimmicks” are still in there. Lightning shields, etc. I do not know about skill books. I think some of them would be broken anyways given class changes.

Oh and Kronus had WAY more health than Fang. Not sure if that was intended or not.

1 Like

Huh intresting good to know i wonder if my unleashed mania would work there like it used to back then. prolly not

I’m actually annoyed all those items still drop and work. I don’t have room for that on my bars anymore XD

What do demon hunters get?

Rekt! …

5 Likes

I was wondering about that. Krosus was Thanos, and Treesus went down like a prom dress. My UI was messed up so I couldn’t see the numbers.

idk I lagged a lot, even DC’d at one point

1 Like

I still have some of the skillbooks in my bank, but like a derp I forgot to bring them.

Sounds ok tbh with no side quests. Maybe just cut the reinforcements to 150?

1 Like

IDK. The rate things would going, I don’t think you’d ever see a general kill with 150 resources.

It was an hour+15 with 300 though right? Wouldn’t 30-45 minutes be enough time if it was ever going to happen? if that’s not then I guess something else needs changed too.

Yeah, at least I imagine there’s a few dials they can turn. Krosus not being The™ Incredible™ Hulk™ would have sped things up a bit I think. There’s probably other tweaks.

Not to be a broken record about the toys, but removing that farming temptation would also speed the game up.

if there are no events and its just road fighting to the other sides general i dont think a general kill will ever happen

Was there on my Hunter on Horde.

Confused that it displayed Horde as the team that lost, because the Alliance had 0 reinforcements left and we had 140.

I actually disagree with a number of these points but agree with others.

My thoughts:

1. Consumes (song flowers/ tubers/ etc.) and Toys (wands/prisons/road toys) should be a part of the game as this made the BG interesting and was a great part of Ashran. It was key to stagger prisons in team fights and not blow all the toys at the start. These items added another element to team fights found in no other BG and I personally loved them.

2. Events where great and it is very sad these are possibly being removed. Previously had a mission for 4 events and 1 kill of the faction boss. These events forced team fights in different locations, each had its own strat to win (positioning /methods/etc.).

3. I personally don’t like a timer or kill limit on Ashran. Why removed the mission mechanic for hks or events+Boss? Best part about ashran was the 8+ hour long instances. Previously there was a HK mission that would reset and was repeat able. Allowing those who wanted to leave to do so when they completed one mission and others to stay and complete it over and over. I have made many btag friends from Ashran . We would spend hours on Friday/Saturday in Ashran and you would see the same faces and actually became friends with these people/guilds (years later I am still in the avengers discord). I knew when ever i saw people from certain realms it was going to be a good fight. Please DO NOT MAKE ASHRAN A “streamlined and “TM vs SS” style push/pull zergfest!”

Ashran was one of my favorite parts of wow. 40v40, mass pvp, toys, and victory only earned through coordination / team work.

Please DEVS do not release a bastardized version. Give us our Ashran back.