Ashjre'thul, Crossbow of Smiting Not Dropping

This item must have been removed from the Blackwing Lair loot table. From what I’ve read it is supposed to have a 6% drop rate. My guild has run BWL since April 2020, 2 raid teams once per week. That’s a current total of like 60 runs or so and this item has dropped a grand total of ONE time. That’s like a little over a 1% drop rate. What gives with that? Has this item been removed completely? If it hasn’t then you need to check on it because it is basically non-existant.

have you heard about rng? haha
welcome to my world, my friend. ive seen just one crossbow since january

and your sample space is not big enough for you to conclude that

We saw our first maladath 3 weeks or so ago. Since the beginning of phase 2.

Well I’m just saying, if you advertise a 6% drop rate, make it a 6% drop rate, slightly over 1% drop rate is a long way from 6%. Besides that there Jack, BWL was not released until February so no wonder you haven’t seen one “since January”. Also, it wouldn’t let me change my Character name, I’m currently playing Classic as Kowa on Myzrael.

Blizzard doesn’t advertise drop rates.

1 Like

We have seven of them now, we gave one to a warrior last sunday. Our drop rate on it is roughly 19%.

All our hunters and some hunters who don’t even raid with us anymore have it.

Its is just ridiculously bad RnG. My old guild literally had 1 xbow drop after 27 weeks and then 0 since then. Thank god we have had Therazane’s links and taut dragonhide shoulderpads drop every week though!

I went 34 resets of MC before seeing striker’s mark - so I feel you. It’s just bad luck though.