Ashes of Al'ar just not meant for me

I’ve farmed it frequently over the past 16 years I ran 10 characters through this timewalking event and still nothing.
This level of disappointment after trying for so long is not fun so idk what they think making something this hard to get adds to the game. Low drops rates and the disappointment that comes with it not being able to obtain something despite putting in the work has been the very reason I’ve taken long breaks from this game.

I try every week to get several different mounts and weapons and I never get any of them. Like 4 or 5 different weapons and armor and several mounts every week and same results every week even though I run these things on several characters.

UPDATE
I FINALLY got it!!!
I leveled up a Warrior I had close to 70 geared them up a bit and gave the TW event one last try and I AGOT IT!!! After all these years :sob:

7 Likes

better luck next week

At the risk of asking a stupid-sounding question…

You do know that the mount doesn’t drop from Al’ar, right? It drops from Kael’thas.

I hope you already know that, but just in case. I have seen folks say that they’d been farming Al’ar for years and never gotten the mount… and they had no idea that it dropped from Kael’thas. :frowning:

2 Likes

The raid is so trivial to farm that if you’re this annoyed then maybe mount farming isn’t really for you.

That’s perfectly normal and not meant to be derogatory. Hope you find something you enjoy doing.

Yes I’m well aware having to sit and wait forever after looting the temporary legendary weapons there’s this long pause for whatever reason and then you have to wait again when he flies up in the air and blows the roof off the place etc.

1 Like

I’d give you mine if I could. It’s a proper elf mount, so I never use it.

1 Like

That is how it goes sometimes. Hopefully you’ll get it eventually, though after 16 years I think you might be on the extreme side of bad RNG. Might want to carry around a rabbit’s foot or contact a real-life shaman or medium to get rid of that curse or whatever’s haunting you. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yeah I had given up, but honestly I find that these things drop when you least suspect it. I got mine one night when I hopped off discord and was about to head to sleep and remembered I had an alt that hadn’t done it so I just jumped in real quick to get it done before the reset.

And boom at like 4am I got it. Just got remember that every single time you go, there’s a chance it can drop

1 Like

UPDATE

I FINALLY got it!!!
I leveled up a Warrior I had close to 70 geared them up a bit and gave the TW event one last try and I GOT IT!!! After all these years :sob:

1 Like

You hear about that psychic midget that escaped from prison?
He ios a small medium at large.

Well done!

For me it still eludes me after 10+ years

2 Likes

I think it dropped for me last gall. Took a character in just to see if I could get any hunter mogs, and the mount dropped. Same hunter a few weeks ago got son of gallion. Sha of Disappointment still laughs at me.

1 Like

I keep trying to tell people that there’s some kind of a hidden luck stat (I think it changes based on the item you’re farming, or how many rare drops you’ve gotten already) and that some characters are better at getting some rare drops.

If you’re over 200 attempts for a 1% drop, you’re not getting it. But going in on a different character, I’ve found, sometimes fixes the issue.

1 Like

One of my guildies got one yesterday, chat went wild. Would’ve been nice if I got it too ngl

1 Like

Congrats to you on Ashes!!!
I love that mount - worth the grind!!
Enjoy !

1 Like

Haha I hope my words encouraged you and GRATS

1 Like

Morgan Freeman is proud of you.

Also, congrats! That is wonderful news. You earned it and then some.

1 Like

After 13 years, (not solid, several multi year breaks from the game) I finally got my right binding for that sword that everyone used to ask if someone mentioned it.

It’s been so long that when it dropped I didn’t even notice it, until I saw the other one in the bank later that evening. I had long dropped the quest, so I had to re-accept the quest so I can get that essence to finish quest and get the sword, next week.

Extreme side of bad RNG is not that rare.