Ashenvale Improved but Taking Rez Sickness To Tag a Boss is PvP?

So why aren’t there Respawn points in Ashenvale? Why do you have to run back to your body if you get caught somewhere which means you can’t get Rep. So the solution is to take Rez sickness and try to hurry to your group and Tag the Boss so you are included.

Explain to me again how this is a PvP event? Where if you do any PvP it’s a detriment to yourself and everyone else because only Rep matters. Ashenvale is still massively frustrating detached zone.

Really just please remove ALL Rep from Ashenvale. Just please. The incentive is to do everything in your power to Tag a Boss in there and if you die (before you tag) you are out of the event unless you take Rez sickness and hope you can speed run to tag.

I’m sorry what are the Devs goals with this event? Do you not understand the players and what guides their actions? It’s the Rewards!! PvP isn’t rewarding. Tagging a boss at all cost for Rep is.

If you want players to PvP in Ashenvale you have 2 options. Remove ALL Rep or have HK’s reward Rep instead of Bosses.

Still think the answer is having this be Instanced and everyone is teleported to a starting area. Do it like Wintergrasp and if one side is outnumbered they get Tenacity buff. Sometimes it’s 120 vs 40 and this is an Event somehow.

However you really need respawn points to run back with people. Running back to your body in an Event isn’t it. This would help until you Instance this event.

I think people just need to be patient and wait for some things to be ironed out. Keep voicing issues, but minus the facebook blog posting.

1 Like

Yea true but we got a very long way to go. I just am unclear on how we are here when it’s very clear what motivates players. So when the Devs are motivating players to ignore all PvP in a PvP event and try to do anything to Tag a boss and helping your team or anyone doesn’t matter. I’m just… I don’t get it.

I just took Rez sickness 3 times in Ashenvale because all that matters is Tagging a boss.

Alterac Valley in a nutshell. Not to mention some players are always going to min/max the crap out of things and find the shortest and easiest method to completing the objective.

If afking by the boss is the answer to that equation, they’ll do that.

1 Like

Honestly the Devs made a mistake by having a Boss in PvP. They never should of done that or latter added Sieges/Cannons which isn’t PvP either. AV would be a good BG if there wasn’t any NPCs except the ones you summon. Since you have to PvP to do that.

PvP should be Players attacking other Players with their abilities over strategic land points to gain victory. PvP really should be focused on… actual PvP. Large scale battles against other players.

I guess I’ll get ready for next Event to try and Tag a boss for Rep. Then Rez sickness again if there is trouble.

2 Likes

I don’t think having objectives in a battle is out of the question. I do think it’s kind of a mesh between Battle for Stromgarde and AV.

All we can do is keep providing feedback and see if that feedback improves current content or impacts future content. SoD is here for that reason.

sure seems like SoD could have benefitted from some beta testing

1 Like

I see why the didn’t, but definitely could see the benefit of doing it. We can harp on it or focus on providing suggestions that will help now that it is here.