As Expected: Shaman has More Pathing Choices

And for that majority that’s fine. But that’s doesn’t invalidate those of us who find and found it to be satisfying as of now.

I think shadow has been quite fun in sl myself though I know that’s not what most people think.

So lets leave it at that because some love it while a good portion of the players don’t?

Where did I say that?

Nowhere, I’m just extrapolating.

Was an honnest question though.

Mmk

In regards to what I’ve been saying with nothing Ive said have I meant that shadow shouldn’t change or improve because of the minority. Only that both sides opinions on the topic are valid and there shouldn’t be any notion of invalidating eithers side on a subjective matter.

Im all for whatever potential changes to shadow, that doesn’t mean I have to join the hate club that’s been following it.

1 Like

I think calling it a subjective matter is a bit disingenuous, it’s not entirely subjective. Shadow has very clear functional issues with resource gain/expenditure (especially during cooldowns), and the current tree only exacerbates those. There also isn’t much room for utility that’s been crammed into the spec tree because of how expensive it is to get throughput.

The holy tree has entirely different issues in that it doesn’t have enough places to even put points, you just don’t really have options because there aren’t enough.

And the design philosophy of the class tree directly contradicts the stated philosophy that it’s supposed to be following.

Objectively they haven’t done a good job with priest. Now, maybe you can make it work with numbers tuning, or maybe people will play it regardless and won’t be bothered by those things, but that doesn’t mean they stop being issues. That’s not really subjective, even if they don’t interfere with your particular gameplay, there are issues that exist that simply should not.

2 Likes

As I stated, subjective.

this isn’t objective at all considering this statement is not going to (nor does it currently) apply to every priest.

issues are subjective.

I’ve already commented though that I am not at all against changes to the class or spec. This doesn’t mean I have to hold the exact same opinion that you do about what makes it good or bad.

According to their own stated design goals they are failing. The trees do not accomplish the thing they are claiming, by the designers, to accomplish.

Some issues are subjective. My class tree being largely impractical to use in most scenarios. The holy spec tree not having enough nodes to reach the next tiers without just taking everything. Shadow being overloaded with throughput at the cost of utility or vice versa. S2M being a largely non functional talent because the class has legitimate issues with resource generation.

These are not really subjective issues. People are welcome to play however they like and if they want to play sub-optimally to ignore the issues that’s fine, but they don’t stop being issues.

1 Like

things change.

none of this invalidates the fact that a issue is subjective from person to person. no one said issue the majority of players find to be issues stops being a issue cause of others, but an opinion is an opinion regardless of what side its on.

You’re right, they probably altered their design goals for priest only. That makes the most sense.

So in what way would you say the things I mentioned are not problems?

indeed.

plenty; but as ive stated, come DF i wont even be maining priest anymore so to go down that rabbit hole wouldn’t serve me in the slightest lol.

Pretty much what I expected. Nothing.

1 Like

yet here you are.

lol

It’s what you’re heavily implying that people have the issue with.

Also the "It won’t affect me la la la la la :point_right: :woozy_face: :point_left: " angle.

1 Like

dam man you are killing it. Very well said in you few replies. Pretty much summarizes everything spoken.

like why hasn’t any word been out yet! So many players giving real good feedback here and in many other posts!

1 Like

That has nothing to do with me though nor is it my problem. It would be just as questionable for me not to stay true to my opinions/experiences out of fear of other people reading into what I’m saying. Even though I didn’t say the exact thing they disliked. People just assuming and hating lol.

Transparency is a bad thing to you?

Weird.

You’re just typing for the sake of typing now.

1 Like

Bro, on the EU forums they said you did a write up of the spriest on wowhead. I had a scan but couldnt find it. You got a link for it?

EU forums were interesting. More on point and less dramatic prose and no one asking for wrath back. Was refreshing :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like
1 Like

Thanking you