As an old person Plunderstorm was

Fun. I found it much more balanced than retail pvp. Retail pvp is way to complex to get started in or get back into.

10 Likes

Me on the other hand see Plunderstorm as grind for some cool cosmetics, nothing more.
I give Blizz two thumbs up for trying something different, but I prefer good old PVP.
Mis 2 centavos.

Cool.
As a whatever person I hated it.
RNG power aquiring, Level = stronger, zoomer-fighting. Nah, not my thing.

6 Likes

Right? To me leveling should cripple you akin to aging in real life. The devs have it all backwards!

I mean, you could also argue wisdom = time / experience.
Funny, none the less! :dracthyr_hehe_animated:

I found it a slog and a grind. I didnā€™t have any fun with it. The closest I found to fun were the games I got 1000+ coin because it meant less games to play overall.

4 Likes

I enjoy it more than I thought I would. I donā€™t like it enough to grind the renown to 40 in a couple days like some, but a hand full of matches per day is pretty fun.

Just spread it out and take your time. Learn the map and the available abilities. There is a lot of rng involved, but knowing where to land improved my success dramatically.

1 Like

Fire whirl
Rofl

No, they will not bring back this event mode ever so stop with this kind of threads of I LOVE PLUNDERSTORM! to try that Blizz bring this mode again in the future.

This event was rejected for most of the playerbase because its big unbalance and tedious grind over 40 endless levels with meh rewards in many of them like cuffs or a drape.

I hope the Mop event got nothing like this or it will be a total fail again.

I was kinda meh about it.

I have to have my skills arranged in a very particular way visually on screen so they match the order that I have them on my G13. And the inability to rearrange the interface just short circuits my brain so I canā€™t function instinctively. If they simply added their Edit Mode to it, it would improve the game immensely.

That and get rid of the cast times on the skills. This is far to fast paced of a game mode, especially in PvP situations for cast times and empower mechanics.

Thatā€™s not the point im making. Im saying for all the gripe, a person of my age could easily get in and competeā€¦as opposed to retail pvp which is extremely unbalanced and complicated, and not accessible. Iā€™d rather grind 40 renown for cool rewards than pine over gladiator stuff I will never see or even get recolors of because there is some outdated mindset that ā€œtheirā€ rewards should be exclusive.

Define old.

2 Likes

Define ā€œof my ageā€.

Someone that didnā€™t grow up with the internet or cell phones, or posesses that sweaty twitch muscles from years of gaming.

1 Like

Define old.

I was there when I was the remote and had to change the channel. Hee Haw

:ocean: :dragon: :ocean: :dragon:

5 Likes

Someone closing in on 50.

1 Like

Iā€™m scared to ask what ā€œoldā€ means to you. My terror is that it will be like 20 years younger than I am :smiley:

1 Like

Hahah, you were around to see original episodes of Hee Haw!

2 Likes

This is practically the core reason why I have zero interest in doing Plunderstorm.

Battle Royales are already RNG centric (Though player skill can offset that somewhat). Adding a leveling system to an already existing Battle Royale format only serves to push RNG into the next phase of wtf.

Kudos to Blizzard for trying something new. Not kudos for taking the strangest, [subjectively] wrongest step.

2 Likes

Eh, Iā€™m a Millenial Falcon in my 40ā€™s and Iā€™ve been playing games since Atari and the NES days. 30 ish years of gaming on a PC with a mouse. Twitch reactions are very much there.

To me itā€™s like playing an instrument, as far as the muscle memory / speed / dexterity goes. Put in the time and reps and you improve.

Admittedly I am tired after work half the days of the week, but when Iā€™m on and energized, speed and agility are very much there.

1 Like