As a new player, is there something im missing with pvp

Honestly it’s sad to say but as a new player I wouldn’t recommend even trying PvP until you get to max level. PvP is always broken in the lower level brackets especially after a new expansion launches. It will still feel gimmicky when you get to max level but getting gear will be easy and then you’ll be able to learn.

No, dont do this. If a new player waits till max to PvP they will be up against the absolute largest gear discrepency while also having no honor for gear and zero experience.

Thats a recipe for disaster. Do bgs the whole time you level so that when you hit max you know the bgs and you have honor for gear so you dont get one shot over and over

yeah you’ll learn so much being camped in a gy on your way to 70

modern gamers need to grow up. back in the day you would fail the first level and have to keep putting quarters in, the lack of regular income beyond allowance meant you had to get good and fast.

modern games are all designed to addict and hook you with an overwhelmingly positive experience at the start. modern gamers are going into PVP which is an old school style zero sum game and expecting to have their first game be an amazing free win with them as the MVP just like every other mobile game they have been playing for 10 years.

1 Like

It’s just now starting to even out, Alliance geared faster on our shard and it was pretty brutal but it’s getting better now that Horde is catching up the gear gap.

That said there are some pretty broken classes so we have to wait and see if Blizzard is going to get that sorted.

What I find sad about many people posting in this thread is how they confirm a very uninformed opinion of a new player, as opposed to helping them out. Maybe the first thing we ought to do, as a community, is to give them some good advice for how to improve?

So tired of all this whining that has been going on lately over DF PVP. It’s like nobody even remembers the disaster that was SL PVP. “Whaa! I have to put in a modicum of effort to get gear! I should get it for free! I should get it just for logging in!” And then to go so far as to confirm the very uninformed opinions of new players - to try and drive them away, just so you can say, “See? New players are leaving” is just despicable behaviour, IMO.

A new players experience is miserable? Yes. Getting into PVP is always tough. Despite the claims, PVP has a learning curve. When you first start out, you’re absolutely going to get your face rammed into the dirt. A lot. PVP is a fairly chaotic game mode. When you first start out, it’s pretty overwhelming. I can’t say precisely why OP is struggling without further information, but I think it’s a bad idea to start one’s PVP journey by blaming game design for losses.

On the matter of levelling BGs: they’re a mess, and have been for a very long time. You really shouldn’t be making judgement calls based on levelling BGs. The PVP game really begins at max level.

Harsh, but true.

This is the sort of thing a new player needs. Advice on how to improve.

I wonder this myself.

That’s how a lot of us, as new players, started out. Guess what? We survived. So much complaining… it’s unreal.

What a shocker. It’s exactly what I said would happen. Most BGs I’ve been in have ended up with Horde GY camping Alliance - as per usual. :laughing:

Of course, that’s nothing new. Happens every xpac. There’s always going to be S-tier/A-tier classes/specs, there’s always going to be a meta, and there’s always going to be broken classes/specs. It’s not really a reason to quit PVP, though.

1 Like

Bro settle down. You aren’t the saviour come down from on high. Its a video game, the advice I gave was legitimate and I would also point out, unrefuted.

Not one place in my post did I complain. I quite enjoy pvp. Stop projecting your mess of an internal world on everyone else. We get it. You are mad about stuff. Im not.

Edit. I will also point out you in the exact same post you quoted my advice as compaining you complained about a lack of advice. Maybe you are the problem.

basically its a few op specs and the majority do trash damage, with healers being op tanking 3 dps and melee just zerging doing massive damage, and having crazy self heals.