As a Community, we do not want RDF

We were sent MANY Polls and Surveys by Blizzard throughout TBC asking for opinions on RDF, a MAJORITY was anti-RDF.

I do not believe you speak for the rest of the community. The lack of RDF makes it so leveling dungeons are completely dead content.

Also how did RDF kill community??? I have not found the rate at which I made friends decrease or increase once RDF was introduced. Half of the time when you group with people on your server, after the dungeon you leave and never really talk to them again… Maybe you run into them again in the future but it doesnt develop into a friendship.

Without RDF, I sit in Dalaran staring at my LFG chat channel until something catches my eye or I am constantly competing with the LFG spam when I post my own to which my post usually disappears so quickly that no one sees it anyway. I would much rather sit in RDF queue while farming professions or rep grinding.

2 Likes

This is FALSE, I have leveled PRIMARILY through RDF from 70 - 80 and recently me Level 10 alt was able to find MULTIPLE Deadmines groups as well as many other leveling groups.

Just because YOU are on a Dead Server doesn’t mean we are all as well.

Go look at Retail, virtually NO ONE talks. Every RDF consists of people that don’t speak English, people that don’t read chat and pull everything, people that used to Ninja Loot so much they had to make it Personal Loot due to MANY complaints.

It is Toxic and RDF is anti-Classic.

And WITH RDF, everyone on Retail AFKs in Oribos all day alt-tabbed staring at gold selling sites because that’s what we’re going to get if we do RDF.

1 Like

Where is the source to this?

2 Likes

By leveling dungeons being dead, I meant sub TBC. Soon it will be sub Wrath dungeons. I am also not on a dead server hence my comment about LFG chat scrolling quickly.

If you want an actual community, join a guild. That is where you get your community, not the server. It has always been that way and always will be. Servers being a “community” is a complete illusion. People still talk frequently on retail too. Turn on Trade chat… I don’t know what you’re talking about. Also bringing up people not speaking english is a strange point. Not having RDF suddenly makes people speak english?? There are a ton of spanish speaking players on all realms in classic.

To your point of WITH RDF, everyone sits in oribos as if it is much different is also off base as most people stand in Dal all day… Hence the old saying “Laps around Dalaran”/

In short, losing RDF is ONLY prohibitive and does not actually bring any positives to the game.

1 Like

There are MANY posts just like this, if you opted for their Feedback Mailing List you received one.

A LOT of people got one, hence why they removed it.

Yes… There is a new expansion, is it so crazy to assume older dungeons are a bit slower? They will pick up as people get done with Wrath, and there are MANY on my Mega Server leveling alts and doing lower level dungeons too.

Server Identity is one of the CORNERSTONES of Classic WoW, the bonds I built with the guilds and people on my server has lasted well over 3+ years now from the start of Classic as I was here BEFORE it became a Mega Server.

Just because YOU are a Retail Tourist doesn’t mean the rest of us are, we PREFER our Server Communities.

WITHOUT RDF, people are exploring the world, running around and seeing new sights and meeting new people.

The world is MORE alive due to NO RDF.

eh the world would’ve been alive with or without rdf tbh

after hitting 80 without rdf i have come to the conclusion that rdf doesn’t matter really and i probably would’ve maybe used it a few times if that.

Clearly not, Retail has a super Dead Open World.

RDF KILLS Open World interaction and exploration.

But someone who claimed there was a poll but there wasn’t. If there were a poll about RDF, it would’ve been reported by WoWHead or Icy-Viens.

2 Likes

Using retail as an example when no one uses rdf in retail besides leveling

retail and classic are very similar :slight_smile:

WoWHead and Icy-Veins are merely 3rd party sites, private Blizzard analytics such as surveys and polls might not be on their radar.

I would say almost 70 - 80% of the ENTIRE Classic playerbase received it.

Blizzard ONLY makes decisions based on Raw Data and the MAJORITY.

That’s why it’s even more of a threat in Classic, it stands to RUIN LFG chat which should be the ONLY form of making a group.

“there are MANY on my Mega Server leveling alts and doing lower level dungeons too.” is kind of an asinine take. Why do only the people that chose the streamer servers get to reap the “rewards”? I don’t want to compete with hundreds of people for a mining node. I don’t want to deal with the Asmongold army. I am certainly not the only one.

Point is there are a massive amount of classic andy’s that cannot accept the fact that many of the things added to the game over the years was actually for the betterment of the game. LFR, Borrowed power and world quests was not but certainly RDF was. You can keep spamming your caps lock button at me like you’re making points, but you’re not. You’re just a boomer that cannot accept reality. Muh community. Join a guild dude. If the guild is dead or lacks an essence of community, that one sucks, find another.

ain’t no one who actually plays retail even uses rdf lol

i legit don’t think i’ve even used it on this character

This. RDF is actually dead on retail so claiming RDF is why people stand around in Oribos is moronic.

1 Like

yea… idk why people are bringing up retail. I don’t think i’ve even used rdf on this character a single time

Idk what a “Streamer Server” is but if you play on a Dead Server that’s your problem, MANY free transfers were given out and we’ve had access to serval analytics for a LONG time for people to move.

And there it is, you lost the Argument so you go to insults.

Let me tell you and your buddy here something:

No matter how much both of you WHINE there will be NO RDF IN CLASSIC.

Not NOW, not this YEAR, not EVER.

The Devs made up their mind and a MAJORITY of the Community supports the Devs.

Go back to Retail where you came from.

2 Likes

You are so incorrect with this statement, it shows why you think the way you do.

Also making up stats is a failed tactic. Back them up.

1 Like

Bro how many times do i have to type that I don’t care about rdf. it doesn’t effect my experience. Please do refer to this.

Every single decision made by the Classic Devs has been because a MAJORITY of players wanted them, this is PROVEN by reading the Lead Dev’s tweets.

You called me a retail tourist lmfao