Artifact Weapon Appearances Requirements

Hey friends, I recently acquired the hidden artifact appearance for Havoc Demon Hunter, Deathwalker, after getting the rare drop in suramar and killing ‘Downfall’ and I want to get the red tint version. It states I need 1000 kills while the appearance is equipped. I’m posting here for some clarity as I don’t want to spend a bunch of time doing something that isn’t actually contributing so:

1. Do I need to have the actual artifact weapon with the appearance equipped while I’m killing people or can I use my current level 50 weapons with the appearance transmog’d onto them (using a transmog rather than appearance at my class hall)? Equipping the artifact weapons themselves (twinblades of the deciever) makes me do far less damage in battlegrounds so that’s not an option…

2. Do the kills have to be of players at my level i.e. honourable kills? I can think of a few places to find some lower level alliance players but I don’t want to spend time killing them if it doesn’t count towards the 1000 players.

Also I’m assuming not but do I have to acquire the other tints before I can get the red tint?

Thanks in Advance :smile:

Try seeing if you get a response to this question in the Demon Hunter forums or on the Demon Hunter Discord :slight_smile: This place mightn’t be the best place to ask.