Artifact Power Adjustments from Islands Bug

Half an hour isn’t really long enough to say “yeah those people were going out of their way to exploit this bug” what would that have been, 2/3 islands at most?

1 Like

I assume this isn’t completed yet since I know at least one person who still has their AP.

1 Like

Fixing it so it doesn’t keep happening is one thing, but punitively acting against players for something on your end is excessive

Who said they are being punished? All I see in the post is that the excessive AP they got is being replace by what they should have gotten. Nothing is taken from them.

2 Likes

You’re usually happy to slurp up the scraps Blizzard tosses you. I’m guessing you benefitted from one or both of these bugs and are upset you fairly lost the goodies.

I was one of the people that received 2 of the stones that granted more than 50k ap. I looked at my character today and noticed the change. That change is far however you took all my azerite that I collected last week…this is not far. You want to correct an issue do it properly. You are to focused on the small stuff that the real things are not being fixed. YOUR BUG is your issue and the players have to suffer in the end because you cant even take the right amount away, terrible.

2 Likes

While I understand bugs are a part of huge mmos. There has been so many bugs this xpac.

I understand it’s a part of having such a huge world, but the main question is.

what are you guys at blizzard trying to do to prevent these problems from surfacing in the future, is there any testing involved? If so will there be any improvements in the testing to prevent these issues from surfacing up in the future patches to come

this game is huge, and while ban hammers and incorrect items have been given out since launch. I just don’t think it’s very well received that there’s any testing involved outside of the PTR.

I’m not trolling or even mad ,I’m just very curious how this happens when there’s a QA department. There’s been tons of bugs so far more than normal, and I feel the question is justified.

5 Likes

There was a major bug that happened, and Blizzard is fixing it. Seems completely reasonably to me.

1 Like

I don’t know of anyone that intentionally exploited. However, 50k is literally two weeks of farming AP. ANd that’s someone who does island weekly every week, world quests every single day etc. The average AP a person earns a week is 30k logging in every day and doing most of the stuff once. Sure there are some who get more doing some excess farming, but consider someone who did get 50k or even 100k in that 30 minutes. that truly undermines the 2-4 weeks someone else had to farm for same amount. I don’t always agree with blizzard, but on this I definitely do. A revert was a must.

4 Likes

Friend of mine had this bug, he got an AP token for over 50k artifact power, and it dropped for him twice. We both knew then it wouldn’t stay that way and was obviously a bug.

1 Like

That’s a fair change.

So what you are saying here is that you find getting a grossly unfair advantage over other players fun? I mean, I doubt that is what you were saying but your meme skills need serious work my friend.

Yours too.

2 Likes

Jokes on you, I didnt hear about it untill now.

How is that a joke on me? You are the one using the meme in the wrong way.

2 Likes

So what, someone has a 32 neck now…what did that make them go up…1 ilvl lol.

Not a fan of AP nor IEs. Although, I might play them if they’d open up LFG for pvp and mythic level. My guild never played them and there were never more than one or two custom groups up.

That number of affected players probably consisted of the same 10 people who grind AP and pets being the completionists types.

I think IE need to be like randomized world content a la D3 as in randomized land masses with unknown monster types with rare spawns.

Throw in a well hidden cache too like some kind of pirate booty

2 Likes

D3 was too fun to work in an AP grinding context. Being knocked around by crabs is better.

Thank you. It wasn’t fair to see people jump from 28 to 38 within 10 mins while I have had to work hard to get to 36

2 Likes

How much solar wind can u produce with your ears?

Enough to power NYC! :slight_smile:

sweet sweet . :kissing_heart:

1 Like

It’s not excessive. It wasn’t meant to be that way and those who were able to take advantage of it (whether intended or not) were ahead of everyone else, substantially. This is the best way Blizzard could have handled this.

This isn’t a “fun detected” situation and those saying that have no critical thinking ability.

1 Like