Arms warrior in TWW

Blizzard, I appreciate the effort you guys put into this pre-patch. I’ve played warrior since 2005, and I have to give credit where credit is due. The minor details and effort you have put into making Arms warrior the least fun it has ever been is truly remarkable. Your talents and skills for ruining something so completely that at its core should be so simple should be memorialized in front of your Anaheim offices. Well done and god bless.

8 Likes

Why don’t you like it?

You mean WoD launch with only Maintain Rend, Mortal Strike on CD, CS on CD, and Whirlwind to rage dump with no procs, no abilities that generated rage, and no off-GCD abilties was more fun?

:thinking:

Nothing has really changed this patch from how Arms plays. Instead of rage dumping with WW and Thunderclap we actually use our intended Rage Dump Slam.

Otherwise it plays almost identical except for a few extra Overpowers in Execute Range.

5 Likes

Arms feels pretty bada$$ to me atm

2 Likes

Could you elaborate? Arms at least on the beta feels really fun imo. Even more so with the hero talents. PVE wise, I think it feels better than ever.

PVP wise, that is up to debate, but I certainly have enjoyed it.

2 Likes

So true man…

Arms is great right now. I’m having a blast with it.

3 Likes

Not sure what you’re talking about here. I saw my DPS increase like crazy after the pre-patch was released.

Single Target dummies
Before: 246K After: 430K

AOE dummies
Before: 700K After: 1M

With no rune or pot applied.

I suspect we’re seeing a lot of synergies with the current 4pc bonus and all the improvements toward cleave. I have to imagine these numbers will level out once we start leveling in TWW.

Yeah, slam is bad. Nothing is good about an iteration of arms if you can ever find yourself casting slam 3 times in a row between mortal strikes. It feels like a dead GCD because it’s such an unimpactful ability without any flair or synergy with the rest of the rotation. Thunderclap and whirlwind guaranteed an overpower charge and were cooler ten thousand-fold than the dinky little bonk on the head we’re stuck with now.

5 Likes

The only reason mountains get so big is because they have no natural predators. Let that sink in ok.

3 Likes

I am still deeply angry about that.

3 Likes

not good for pvp
avatar and bladestorm does not trigger other at reduce effectiveness (big loss)
Condenm, 15 yard and charge of it, removed (big loss)
blamestorm snare% and cooldown reduction, reduced

given?? a bill for expansion to pay.

Should i continue playing my warrior and serve as laughing stock to all others??

trying to post from my warr

If this is for PvP, I’m not sure. I know the Arms rage economy is questionable.

In PvE, Arms is incredible ST, and has strong cleave options. In M+, it’s pretty much neck and neck with Fury, and both specs can now take Shockwave with no penalty.

It’s actually a pretty great time to be a warrior main if you’re a PvE player. I wouldn’t base the PvP balance around this pre-patch, though.

With slayer, the bladestorm nerf isn’t that bad imo. Blamestorm hits very hard now, especially with the new unhinged. Add in Brutal Finish combo with Sharpen blade and you will legit chunk someone like crazy.

That being said, I totally understand your frustrations. I was not a fan of the replacement after they removed torment.

The other hero talent colossus is very fun. The big demolish hit is a little annoying to mess around with, but very rewarding when you use it.

I think warrior will be fine in pvp and if you enjoy warrior, no reason not to continue it. But I am partial to slayer fury from testing on the beta. It just flows so well and is a nice change after playing arms for a few seasons.