Hi all! looking for feedback and opinions on what we know of arms warrior as of now. So far from just what we have I think there may be some minor issues with ways to improve it.
Melee attacks procing overpower with Rend on the target is a fantastic change, so is adding slam to the rotation, however I think not being able to get Mortal strike and deathwish is a big blow to arms. On top of that not being able to talent into reduced intercept is too. As it stands you will now be able to intercept every 30 seconds (not including any possible pvp -5 seconds from gear) which is an incredibly long time. Swapping deathwish and raging blows talents along with improved execute and improved intercept would be a great start! Also whether or not arms should be able to pummel and berserker rage in battle stance being very similar to wrath design.
Especially with the increased in roots from Hunter and shaman. Alternatively could create a wrath charge in combat talent for the arms tree specifically.
it’s too soon to make any judgement about any spec, i suspect we’re going to find many abilities will scale differently.
i suspect you’ll still be MSing on CD. MS does more damage and the wording of improved slam is that it reduces the GCD of slam so it will still have the short GCD after casting other abilities.
Good, they needed it. I’d be happy to see a version of Classic-ish wow without getting charged by brown bars until i’m immune to the stun in every BG i join. Less warriors and nerfed warriors is a good thing.
The PvP set bonus reduced the CD by 5 seconds. IMO TBC fixed a lot of the issues Warrior had by introducing improved intercept to the Arms tree, spell reflect, and second wind to punish enemies from CCIng you too much as you’ll regain % health.
I did a whole post on Reddit on my analysis of Warrior and if they don’t get spell reflect then it’ll function very similar to Vanilla Warrior. Human Mages now get a stun cleanse and ice lance, making the matchup impossible to deal with.
Warriors in Forever will have to go Fury for the improved intercept and Blood Rage CC cleanse. Reduced healing will have to come from Rogue’s and Troll Priests via wound poison and hex of weakness.
I can see that only really being annoying on PvP servers, maybe a tad in BG’s but who cares. You can’t get away from warriors anyway because they just spam hamstring 24/7.
I thought the same thing about slam, but it isn’t actually that good due to other changes. It isn’t easy to find, but Slam has been changed to have a 15 second cd. Which is about 5-7 seconds too long imo. Perhaps imp slam could also (or instead) reduce the CD (2.5-3.5 seconds per point)? At 15 seconds, it feels more like a burst cd than a staple for the arms pve rotation.
It’s not official announced and I only know because someone posted about it after watching a streamer’s clip from blizzcon at .25 speed lol. I think we can forgive you and I thought it was that way too before finding out.
I’d be down with 6sec or even 8-10 second cd too, 15 is just way too long imo.
Well, maybe that’s the problem - it did do less than MS in the past, but maybe they’ve tuned it up? Idk. Either way, more slams is more better imo (obviously not spamming every 1 sec though).