Arms vs Fury spec pros and cons?

Hello, I have been playing arms religiously for the past few weeks now. However, I do like the idea of dual wielding weapons. But I know next to nothing about fury warrior, and it looks to me like a totally different playstyle.

What are the pros and cons of arms vs fury?

Fury:
Typical Rage Generator/Spender playstyle. Fast paced, always something to press during every GCD. Attacks are fast and wild. Supposedly the reckless playstyle. Leans more towards self healing for surviving. With certain Whirlwind talents, your melee abilities can hit a bunch of targets for a precentage of damage (I think target cap is 5. Have not played since near end S1.). Damage is more direct (Not a lot of periodic damage involved in most builds.).

Arms:
Slower pace. Not a lot of Rage Generators, so Rage Management is more integral. Slower, but hard hitting attacks (supposedly.). Sweeping Strikes allows cleaving (Attacks hit a nearby target for a percentage.). Playstyle is a bit more tactical. Leans more towards mitigation for defense. Can go with either direct damage or go with a dedicated bleed build (Bleed damage is. . . . meh, I guess. I find the bleeds fun though despite this, just my preference.).

Just a few things between them. On my phone, so this is only a few general things about them. Will let others go into more specific derails.

From my prespective of the pros and cons, it’s situational (What is needed for the fight, etc.). General gist of that, but I will let others go into greater detail.

2 Likes

Fury definitely plays easier, but imo gets boring and repetitive really fast. I played Fury for the entirety of season 1 and officially switched to Arms right before 10.1.

I don’t care if Fury is performing better, I’m never going back. Arms is just so much more fun and rewarding gameplay wise.

3 Likes

Part of the reason I play Arms. Fury is fun in a way, but yeah, the reason still stands.

Fury also murders my hands/wrists with the constant button presses for every GCD.

I am more of a tactician too, so Arms fits me more. I do Protection a lot, but that is another subject.

1 Like

For me:

Con of arms:

Spikey rage. When you use avatar and proc recklessness you struggle to keep your rage from capping. You can use ww and ignore pain which is off the gcd but it isn’t fun imo. And then when you have no recklessness you can be rage starved and if your not careful have downtime with nothing to press.

AoE vs single target: the builds for aoe and st are very different. And if you forget to spec probably you’ll have a bad time.

Tracking and managing your mortal strike buffs from execute and overpower is annoying.

Dealing with fights that down have a standard execute phase is annoying.

I feel the same way. I tried out fury. It certainly lives up the reputation of a berserker in terms of damage. Like, really good damage. But I guess I lean towards more coordinated attacks which arms lets me do.

1 Like

A large point for Arms that hasn’t been mentioned is that a decent chunk of your damage is backloaded (especially on Single Target) behind Execute.

For example, my guild is currently progressing on Mythic Rashok, and I’m usually around 100k DPS until sub 35%, once that occurs my damage shoots up by like 10k.

Keep that in mind.

1 Like