Armory for Classic?

How will Classic characters, guilds work in the WoW Armory? Same Armory or Classic Armory?

as far as I’m aware there will be no Classic armory.

1 Like

Ah bummer.

I believe the official statement was no armory, but something else might happen, no plans.

The biggest issue for many would be if you have something like this then you can have addons with a gearscore like feature that queries the website on a player’s gear.

There will be a classic armory, dont doubt that. Its just not likely very high on their priority right now. Ill bet queue times, and server crashes are in the #1 slot right now.

But an armory will be there. Just give it some time.

They have specifically stated there will not be an armory…

It was either Omar or Brian IIRC.

Q. Will there be an Armory for WoW Classic?
A. There was no Armory for World of Warcraft until the Burning Crusade. If you wanted to know more about a player’s gear before you invited them to your party, you had to meet them in the world and physically inspect them (and you couldn’t inspect players of the opposite faction until 2.4). You couldn’t see their spec or talent builds when you inspected them, either. To maintain that same dynamic, we won’t have an Armory or profile pages for WoW Classic at launch.

Source: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/23090136

3 Likes

Are they gonna post server PVP rankings every Tuesday?

Only thing I dislike is that I don’t think we will able to post on the forums on our classic characters which is a bummer. But that’s a small little complaint, don’t care too much either way.

Further delving I found this:

• Armory/API support is planned, but likely not ready for launch.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=291717/brian-birmingham-and-patrick-dawson-from-wow-classic-on-vanilla-collector-s-edit

This was listed under the video and is reported by wowhead, but the “interview” isn’t part of the video, it’s just what they (wowhead) are reporting was mentioned.

How am I gonna show off my sweet blues and the purple I got on the AH?

1 Like

They said they might have armory support eventually but it wasn’t originally added until BC. So who knows