Armor Penetration Mechanic for MM?

Was just thinking about how weak MM hunter has felt the last few expansions in PVP due to the Removal of Chimera shot (Magical Damage) and Arcane shot becoming a much weaker Focus dump After MOP (Magical Damage).

Do you think MM hunter could have some type of Talent or Pvp Talent that would offer Armor Penetration / Ignore mechanics to some hunter abilities? Something like Piercing shots could make a comeback causing your “Well Aimed” Aimed shot ignore armor or shoot between armor plates.

In effect this would normalize MM hunter damage across target types in PVP which I think would feel very good. MM hunter has been stripped of Magical damage and Bleed effects so their damage varies Wildly between hitting cloth targets and plate wearers, or even downright trash versus some cloth classes even like Destro Lock with Demon Armor…

3 Likes

Armor pen and scatter not sharing a DR with trap would be so nice but… ya know… its blizzard sadly

yea scatter being on trap DR should also be changed for shadow lands. That was iconic Hunter PVP gameplay until WOD

Hey, does this still impact the game in 2022? Like as an mm hunter in pvp, should I be targeting clothies over plate, for example? And numerically how significant is the difference? (Assuming equal vers)

Well, while armor doesn’t have as big of a role as it did back in the day, it definitely still does matter. So much so that some specs still specifically mention the use of reducing/bypassing armor - namely, Subtly Rogues.

I know I can definitely tell a difference in an Aimed Shot on a plate class vs. a cloth class. So, I think giving MM an element of armor pen would be nice and fit with the whole sniper aesthetic of the spec.

sure, but only if camo breaks once you start an attack, not when it fires…