Aren't people with XP turned off supposed to be limited to XP off battlegrounds?

By debuffing, which puts you into normal xp on queues

Or they are level 20s in vet accounts that have sub run out, either way, they are in xp on bgs. Unless they are war gaming

Not any more. 20 ftp and vet are in xpoff with level 29’s now.

3 Likes

Yeah, I saw that, just this week right? Great news.
I had the impression the person I was replying to was talking about level 19 though

1 Like

Ahh ok my mistake

Which is great for WOTLK if that is what they want. Have they implemented the same for retail? Unless I am mistaken they have not and until they do the use of exploiting to get the 5% Xp debuff should just be a suspension.

Actually, I see why they did it because before that, people who only loved pvp would be forced to do PVE to level. Imagine if raids, quests and dungeons gave no exp and raiders were forced to do pvp to level if pvp were the only way to get xp. Solid choice by Blizzard to allow pvpers a way to level doing what they love. But yes, sad for twinks at the time.

Then please explain why your entire stream/guild/existence is dedicated not only to exploiting the XP reduced debuff but also premading with other XP reduced debuff players;

I for one would be incredibly bored with that sort of ez mode gameplay.

Got to PvP and play their character at all levels in BGs creating a better more active brackets and community. PvP should be a break separate from PvE so it makes sense to not have any experience.

They don’t though. It’s filled with people that are lvling instead of PvPing which is why BGs have been ruined for a long time. Furthermore it creates toxic environment because lvlers AFK or only do what if efficient to lvl. Instead of PvP. Not to mention bots.

If we want a better PvP experience for everyone there shouldn’t be PvE rewards in it. Adding experience to BGs or PvP was the biggest mistake and always will be.

I agree completely as long as the BGs from 1-max level are templated. Then there should be no issue (outside of premades).

Abomshield / Somfas I await your response. Still…

Templates were the 2nd worst thing ever tried in WoW. Legion was unplayable because of Templates. They caused so many PvPers to Quit. I Quit, my friends Quit because Templates remove the most important part of the game which is RPG (gear/customization)

At least Blizz admitted Templates were a failure and ruined PvP which is why they won’t be coming back in any form. If you are taking a break from lvling then you should be gearing up to enjoy whatever Bracket you are in. It worked perfectly.

The only thing templates ruined was the differences between players with Battle IQ and No Battle IQ.

Your more than a joke at this point. And if you really want to push this im a minus 1500 player but more than happy to smash you in a naked duel.

LOL at this dude, I can see he’s active at the forums but backing down.

I just saw you rage quit out of a BG and refused to queue for another because you couldnt 2-shot your enemy! lol bro. even im not that bad

Correction you got another guy to come to try help you in a premade sort of thing and then you ragequit… Bro…

Completely wrong because the Players and Devs disagree with you. Templates were widely hated by Players and the Devs agree and stated they were wrong for the game and removed them.

You couldn’t make any builds which is the main point of an RPG. It’s to theorycraft and Min/Max to come up with something that fits your playstyle. If you can’t do that then there is no reason to play the game. Templates removed the RPG aspect destroying PvP and so they removed them.

These are the facts. Now you know them.

Are you mad that I was busy and now responding? Creepy. That isn’t how you have a healthy discussion.

Yet Legion had one of the most active pvp participation out of any expansion. If it was “so bad” then why was that? Because it was more accessible to casual players.

MoP / WoD had the pvp aspect right and im looking forward and hopefully that DF will take us to a similar route.

I only heard complaints from people about Legion templates that were sad because they’re gear wasn’t carrying them in battles not to do with stat manipulation.

It really didn’t. Legion itself was a good PvE expansion and active. However PvP really dipped off when players couldn’t make any builds in PvP because of templates.

Already explained. People couldn’t make builds and that is the whole point of playing an RPG. Ion said in an interview that Templates were a mistake and wrong for this type of game because it removed player agency. This is an RPG and templates remove the RPG aspect it just doesn’t work. That is why players hated them and they were removed.

WoD was great and enjoyed that BiS trinkets were actually in Ashran.

It wasn’t that. It was unplayable because you literally couldn’t make a build. We make our builds from Secondary stats to enhance talents. My Templates was Crit/haste literally my 2 worst PvP stats so there was no point in playing. I needed to stack Mastery or my build doesn’t work. So why play if you can’t create the build you want? So we quit.

Sorry this is a gear based game and using fun cool gear to create builds is the center core focus of World of Warcraft. It’s why we log in.

With that said…I also advocate to not gate-keep gear from casuals. Gearing should be easy and attainable. However the gear you wear should matter.

1 Like

Strange because I only ever heard a couple people complain about secondary stats in legion and it was just a couple people on the wow forums.

The pvp’ers I knew and know carried on destroying players through their ability to play and react to situations.

Lets see what DF has to offer and hopefully they get the pvp system right so everyone can enjoy some pvp without it being gate-keeped like you said.