Arena/pvp mechanic questions

1) Does +Spell Hit counteract Rogue/Mage/Balance reduced chance to be hit by spells talents? Or counteract Priest fear resist talent (if a spell type fear is used). Same with +Phys Hit vs evasion and ranged phys shots or blind etc.

2) Why do Felhunters almost NEVER full resist Moonfire but almost ALWAYS resist Insect Swarm?

3) What specific Numbers/Values/Amounts does each stealth detection buff add (goggles/perception/on-use goggles/felhunter)? How much does each stealth bonus add (rogue/druid talents/ boots/cloak enchant)? Does percetion add 50 detection and the talent adds 30 to stealth? on-use goggles add 30 detection and passive goggles add 5?

Thanks

1 Like

Only question I definitely know the answer to is #2.

Spells that just apply a debuff (ex: Insect Swarm) are always binary - they either fully resist or they fully apply.

Spells that do up-front damage (ex: Moonfire) are usually non-binary. These spells have a lower chance to fully resist but come with it the downside that their damage can partially resist.

So against a Felhunter, you’re going to see a ton of partial Moonfire resists but a relatively smaller number of full Moonfire resists.

Edit: regarding #1 - Physical hit lowers the chance that your melee/ranged attacks will miss. It operates in a completely different manner than Evasion operates, as Evasion increases chance to dodge, not chance to miss. However, yes, those talents that interfere with chance to hit do alter how much +hit is needed to attain the cap.

For the spell hit side, it should work the same way. However, I’ve read some information somewhere that mentioned that the interaction is buggy. So I don’t know how it works for spells.

Ranged shots and Blind are both affected by physical hit and will therefore have increased miss rates against classes using -hit talents.

2 Likes

Evasion has a 25% “ranged non-spell type” miss effect along with its 50% dodge (melee) increase.

Makes sense about the Moonfire thing. I kinda thought it was something like that. I also thought they added in resists on the ticks of dots a few months into BCC and it was suppose to make the dots land more often or something.

I don’t think it is possible to counteract the talents that reduce the chance you are hit. I notice rogues in particular resist much more than most other classes. Mages seem higher resist chance too. I’m not sure if adding more hit affects the 25% miss on evasion. I think it might b/c expertise probably reduces the dodge it adds.

in relation to question 3, this guide u may have seen already. but it clarified a lot for me.

silentshadows. net/tbc-stealth-rogue-guide/ (Remove space)

1 Like

thank you very much

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.