Arena World Championship – Summer Cup #5

We’re getting closer to end of the 2019 AWC Summer Season, which means the open registration opportunities to qualify to the Summer Finals and Global Finals at BlizzCon are nearly over.

In North America, Cloud9, formally known as Super Frogs, have been dominant all year, earning the title of 2019 Spring Champions and sitting at the top of the region with 360 AWC points. Their BlizzCon Qualification is more than solidified. Just behind them, The Boys have already locked up their Summer Qualifications and their BlizzCon qualification as the top point earner of North America. This leaves teams like M2KC, Method Orange, The Move, and Resurgent competing for the last two Summer Finals qualification spots, as well as BlizzCon qualification at LAN.

Meanwhile in Europe, Method Black continues to overcome all competition, accumulating a big 460 AWC Points, followed by Diabolus with only 260 AWC points. Change My Mind, Zizon, Wildcard Gaming, and nLite are all between 240-192 AWC Points. The last two cups of the season will decide the trajectory for the rest of the year.

The top 8 teams in both regions have already been decided in NA & EU for Summer Cup #5. If you’re interested in catching some of the Open Bracket games, make sure to following GCDTV on twitch. GCDTV is an organization we’re partnering with to administrate and broadcast all these Arena Tournaments, they will be broadcasting the early rounds every Wednesday.

All Top 8 series will be broadcast on Twitch.tv/Warcraft on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays during the Summer Season. Each Top 8 broadcast day will begin at 10 a.m. PT/7 p.m. CET, live on Twitch.

These teams are not only competing for a $10,000 prize pool each week, but more importantly, AWC Points which qualify teams the Summer Finals.

Start Times

EU Top 8 NA Top 8 Championship Sun
Fri Sat Sun
10:00 a.m. PDT 10:00 a.m. PDT 10:00 a.m. PDT
1:00 p.m. EDT 1:00 p.m. EDT 1:00 p.m. EDT
19:00 CEST 19:00 CEST 19:00 CEST

Resources

WoW Esports Website

VoDs & Full Year Schedule

Arena World Championship Summer Season: A Viewer’s Guide

Link to NA Cup #5 - Bracket

Link to EU Cup #5 - Bracket

Top 8 Teams

game big bad

9 Likes

we will care about it if you spend some time balancing it rather than what it currently is, also we want PvE gear in tournaments so you’re forced to balance any problem we see on live.

we like watching recently-found broken things in tourneys, we dont like when broken things remain in the game for too long though.

5 Likes

If you play RMD or RM Pala heres your chance to be in the most boring stream ever.

Or you could just play ladder and experience it for yourself.

2 Likes

i hope the move loses every game

7 Likes

Angry reacts only.

5 Likes

#nochanges was in reference to classic, not this terrible meta :frowning:

3 Likes

I might actually enjoy watching PvP if it even somewhat represented the horrid balancing job on live with the PvE gear and if like 70% of the teams weren’t some variant of spicy turbo aka rogue/mage

4 Likes

I’ll make sure to not tune in, not get my interest in pvp reignited, and therefore not resub.

Don’t get me wrong though… watching RMX vs RMX vs RMX vs RMX vs RMX vs RMX vs RMX vs RMX duke it out in gearsets completely different from live sounds extremely tantalizing! (plop)

2 Likes

Kaivax, why would you even post this here? The game is the worst it has ever been - WoW Arena has like 8K viewers…please just let this “esport” die.

The developers are spending time making ashran in BFA and computer AB, no one cares about Arena balance.

Please, do not post these messages here, no one reading this forum cares.

3 Likes

please for the love of god Remove all stupid pve items from pvp, nimbus bolt, cyclontic blast trinket, focusing iris azerite beam, leviathan lure trinket, i honestly dont think i can play this game anymore till you fix these things and more balancing, the state of the game is absolutely the most disgusting i have ever seen it in all My 8 years of playing wow pvp, I just played a 2s game at 2.1mmr And died a minute into the game from 65%-0% in 2.0 seconds flat from double cyclotronic blast trinket, wheres the skill left in this game dude? when all you need to do to win is grind AP/Rep and get your revered trinkets or whatever else…
theres SO much more i can complain about but honestly lets just start with the most important things like i just mentioned…

7 Likes

I gotta bump for lawlz at dead awful game

2 Likes