Arena Season 1 Requirements Updated

For the statistics part? Yeah math

For the troll part? refer to your previous comment

1 Like

Funny considering you lot were the one saying that nobody was going to be good enough to get there because 2050 was in the top 3% remember?

So what’s 1850 the top 12%?

So once again the same people that were complaining that 2050 is too high still aren’t going to get the weapons.

Let me paraphrase what Kaivax said:

“We messed up really, really badly. However, we are not willing to acknowledge just how big our mess up was, but we have to pretend to listen, so we’re going to tone down a couple of our mess ups a little bit so those whiny customers will shut up and we can get back to messing over the player base in other ways between sessions of polishing the brightwork on Bobby’s new yacht.”

3 Likes

They won’t be happy until it has no requirement, while ignoring wotlk had massive participation.

1 Like

Will I get the weapons, no.
Will I get the rating for the weapons, yes.
Will I stockpile points for the next season to buy the weapon in Season 2 because the Season 1 weapons are garbage? Yes.
Do I still oppose this rating on items? Yes.

I’m sorry but changing the rating to the top 10-12% is still more exclusive than the percentage of guilds that downed KT in the first week of Naxx on Classic…to put this in perspective regarding the acquisition of Karazhan equivalent gear.

1 Like

It’s the same people spouting how hard 2050 was lmfao.

Yet 1850 will still be out of their grasp.

If 2050 was top 3% than what was 1850? Top 12%??

They don’t want any requirement, the pve players just wanted their free off hands and they still aren’t getting them.

:joy::joy::rofl:

1 Like

You can carry anyone to 1850. 2050? Some people would have to pay for piloting services. This change does cut that out, and that’s good for the game.

TBC gladiators by season
Season 1 - 1,000
Season 2 - 3,000
Season 3 - 5,400
Season 4 - 5,000
WotLK? Numbers between 2-3k gladiators. Since Gladiator bracket is the same, the overall participation is done by simply multiplying it.

These are excellent changes. Every one of these changes puts S1 arena in a better place than last week. It rather elegantly retains the weapon rating requirements while decreasing the overall impact on participation. 1850 is the ideal compromise. Why are people still upset?

3 Likes

The amount of clueless people that say pvp players just want free stuff is actually insane lol. But I suppose you’ll never change their mind, because if they had their way pvp wouldn’t exist

2 Likes

You can’t stockpile points they reset when a new season launches along with your rating.

Are you sure you know how arena works?

They’re not free, The sub 1850 people still have to put their time in, and not just going afk for ten matches a week. And what’s the payoff? A whole lot of not much for season one.

I’m looking forward to arena, but this is pretty much a middle finger from Blizz.

This statement is true.

Because the weapons require a BT/Hyjal level of PvE effort to obtain Karazhan equivalent gear instead of a Sunwell level of PvE effort to obtain Karazhan equivalent gear.

It’s better, but its still pretty awful. The overall point generation will still be so low that the concept of buying arena set pieces is a waste of time and effort and should be stockpiled to season 2 even if you have a high rating…you probably get 2 piece bonus to prevent capping.

1 Like

No it doesn’t because those same people were still going to pay for the 2050 weapons the only difference is the price would have been higher.

And once again these are not for main hand weapons these are only for people who want off hands because their PVE bis.

As long as a ton of those people jump in the pool there is no problem regardless of their personal outcome.

Yeah because the old system started at 1500 so you would go in every week for 20 minutes and AFK out of 10 games you’d have enough points to get your off hand bis in 4 to 5 weeks.

My point was is that the people who are going to buy the weapons anyway are still going to buy the weapons.

Whether it’s 1850 or 2050 the only difference would be the price

This mage gets rock hard everytime someone replies to him, just stop lol

1 Like

Drink seems convinced that 90% of weapon wielders will have purchased carries. I think this is a ridiculous assertion. Shame, too, because he’s made other good points. There will definitely be 5s carries to 1850, yeah. Four highly geared pro PvPers carrying one mostly-AFK idiot through 50 matches to his weapon will absolutely be part of the meta. It was in S4 for sure. But I don’t think it’ll be all together too many people. The S1 weapons aren’t worth that much gold. Go into a Karazhan gDKP run and bid 10% of the 1850-carry price on the first weapon that drops. Boom, done. 3 hour time investment and way less money.

Wrong I have never said that everybody will buy weapons I was simply commenting on someone who said that people will buy weapons.

I was merely pointing out an observation that those same people who buy weapons will still buy weapons no matter the rating requirement.