Arena Participation Idea

As a way to increase participation in the lower to middle XP ranges of pvp, you guys think some “rating XP boost” or “rating loss protection” potion/modifier from the honor vendor would be viable? It would be interesting to see some potion that helps players who are scared to pvp, or nervous about it, have a safety net with a honor related item. Like… it would be cool to see a potion avaiable for rating gains up to 1800 to help drive up participation. New players might join pvp knowing they could have some 1hr buff for rating protection or rating boost, and also we willing to go in and take the hits knowing the punishment wouldnt be that bad rating wise. Then once a new player receives their cool pvp set, they can choose to “get gud” like everyone suggests for higher rating rewards.

Is this a terrible idea? Lol

Already exists in a sense as everybody more or less has this until 1500 and it grows to 1650-1800 over the course of the season

Or more likely they just stop playing

2 Likes

Yes, this is a terrible idea.

4 Likes

Rating only has value because of the risk/reward. As a player, if you’re more worried about losing rating than improving as a player, rated arena probably isn’t for you.

1 Like

PVE handing out participation trophies for being average and getting aotc and ksm by just outgearing content and avoiding swirls hurts the casual pvp mentality.

Pvp just needs people hitting the queue button because its fun regardless of rating.

3 Likes

PVE rewards are like handed out for existing and half of players still buy them. :dracthyr_a1:

1 Like

only thing we need is MMR inflation day 1 crank it to 100% ez clap it

Rating protection loss is a bad idea.

1 Like

Ya we know you need it.

Services chat channel goes burr

I dont necessarily agree with it, but i can definitely see why. Tokens are way too easy compared to time investment. If it costs me a token or two to buy something, thats equal to an hour of my time.

I have no idea what people pay for pve stuff but i doubt its so expensive that it doesn’t make a lot of sense time wise

Good take and fashion sense, gramps!

1 Like

Why thank you. I’m known across Azeroth for my fine haberdashery and honest but direct responses.

1 Like

“Just gimme glad rewards for free”

no just give me DF season 1 inflation thx ez clap

no, i disagree. get rid of any caps. just it roll.