Arena Map Pools and Rotation

While I don’t enjoy this change and I don’t think it’s needed, but, to balance everything out could you up the pool to 9 and do 3 large, 3 medium, and 3 small maps every week?

1 Like

Are you guys actually reading our feedback though?!?!??! We just overwhelmingly told you we hate this.

8 Likes

lmao why would reducing the variety in maps ever be a good thing? wtf is this change?

maybe we should have a weekly rotation of what pvp pieces we can buy each week too, like the corruption rotations

maybe u can only buy gloves on Wednesday

2 Likes

What a horrible idea that nobody asked for…ever

1 Like

I don’t understand, who needs it? reduce the variety of arenas, just what would be the logic to come up with that? What is it for? and what is it good for? This is the dumbest thing I’ve ever seen in the history of Warcraft, okay, only furivar in pvp is dumber.

1 Like

This is not fantastic AT ALL, this means some weeks, you won’t even be able to cap because it’s not going to be your week, different compositions play better in some maps, taking this randomize of variety away means, if you’re in ranged dps week and you are mele, you’ll get smashed every single day and you’ll struggle to cap at cost of your rating. How is this good in your mind?

1 Like

Just an overall bad change, it’s a cool idea in concept but once everyone’s full geared people will only play their specific characters/comps on specific weeks. Not ideal for playercount and ladder health/consistency.

1 Like

Bad change in my opinion. This is a game with a long legacy. Limiting the amount of maps (even removing battlegrounds, which has been done in the past) is weird. You’re not changing balance by doing this, in fact, there’s a decent chance you make it worse for people depending on the rotation.

I don’t see the logic in this change at all. It seems like another “large number bad” situation. If a map isn’t good for rated, then remove it from the rated pool.

1 Like

a few weeks into the season and i can safely say my opinion is that this change isn’t fun at all

2 Likes

This change still confuses me and doesn’t really make any sense. how is more maps a bad thing, again?

1 Like

Revisiting this after a few weeks… still strongly dislike removing the randomness from arena. Why intentionally limit the map pool? Arena feels far more painful now when you get a “bad” map rotation week for your comp/class, or if you were running a comp that wasn’t especially strong into high mobility/teleports/portals it’s now a complete stomp certain weeks and arena is simply unplayable.

The change just doesn’t make sense from a competitive standpoint and removed one of the coolest features about arena- the map rotation.

6 Likes

Definitely one of my most hated maps when Rain from Above was used a lot more by DH’s a while back because as a monk player, i had almost no way to avoid half of its damage

As long as they remove ruins too

1 Like

Still not a fan of this change, I want to be able to experience all of the arena content on a weekly basis as opposed to just a few maps every week. If i’m playing melee I don’t want to feel less inclined to queue arena because it’s Pool C week. It just brings weird dynamics into play, I just wnat to play the game on all the maps.

2 Likes

wtf mangs k

Blizz, think you guys might wanna do something about the mass botting out in the world, and PvP is over ran with 3rd party website RMT boosters.

1 Like

Pls remove map pools, terrible change.

4 Likes

Remove blade’s edge arena from ss, we healers keep telling you it’s a nightmare to heal and you keep ignoring feedback, do you people need to lose your entire playerbase like it happened in shadowlands in order for you to pretend to care about feedback? because that’s where you are heading AGAIN.

1 Like

I guarantee very few people even care about blade’s edge, especially when ruins is infinitely worse

Please remove this awful map pool change. It’s honestly the same map after map after map in a single week and it’s so irritating. More maps is great, random is great, if there is a 100 maps and I get the same maps 3 times in a row, then whatever, but if it’s because I know you limited me to those maps I’m livid. Stop limiting us. Give us variety. I am sick and tired of playing on the same maps over a hundred arena games in a week. It’s so bad, this map pool idea is terrible.

What about the people that have a favorite map and it’s not even an option this week? Should they just not play? What if they despise a map and that’s all they keep getting this week? Should they also not play? This map pool system is stupid. Did someone at blizzard think to themselves, how can we get pvpers to not want to play the game even more than we already have?! OH WAIT!! I HAVE IDEA!!!

1 Like