Arena Map Pools and Rotation

can we just remove blades edge completely and call it a day

1 Like

Cool thanks!

Blizzard: Finally makes more arenas.

Also Blizzard: We made too many arenas

3 Likes

so close…so close to the season and u made a bad change. Dont do it. Dont fix something not broken

4 Likes

This is a terrible idea. Some classes benefit from certain maps more than others… and by splitting them up during certain weeks you’re now alienating certain classes by making them want to queue or not queue during a specific week, it just doesn’t make sense to divide the maps up at all. Now when people lose they will blame your map selection system. You need to keep all maps available and keep it random so people do not blame your system for wins and losses on certain weeks or better yet blame your decision for why they are not getting into LFG groups on any given week. Weekly map pools are a bad idea just like how weekly affixes are bad in m+. Just make them all available and completely random and then no one to blame, no one is advantaged over another on any given week it’s all just random… please don’t create problems that never existed before.

1 Like

Map variety is good. Arena is inherently dynamic, unlike scripted PvE content… this change will only be frustrating by reducing variety and encouraging high-rated players to push on advantageous weeks.

4 Likes

This is a terrible change that no serious competitive player asked for. It seems to emulate the overwatch team’s insistence that players want this when it’s never been actively discussed by the community. All this will do is make negativity bias more prevalent. Players won’t see their favorite map more frequently even if they queue into it more frequently, they’ll remember the week they got to push rating but 10/20 games were on mugambala so they had to play more bad games as a result.

2 Likes

Horrible change.

1 Like

Why does solo shuffle exclude so many maps? Was really hoping this would be fixed for its first true rated season

1 Like

Am I alone if I say I would love for Empyrean Domain to be removed from the game entirely? Other than that comment, I am happy to see this being implemented and the pools seem well thought about.

1 Like

Okay, serious question.

You say you considered z axis

Yet you put mugambala and robodrome, the two most abuseable “im just gonna teleport to the top of this and blast you and you melee can do NOTHING about it” maps in the same pool.

Blades Edge, Mugambala, and Robodrome should have been seperated.

Week C is terrible and many will skip it.

Terrible change… change for the sake of change. Not sure if the devs realize, but some maps favor certain comps and classes. A random map pool was fair for all, and the change turned something fair into an abusable irritation when facing certain comps during certain weeks.

3 Likes

nice xpac keep up the great work lol

just remove blades edge, mugambala, and robodrome from rated pvp then you dont need this terrible map pool garbage at all

I don’t like this change, anything that will make people avoid queueing is not good. This just seems unnecessary
If anything I would’ve preferred to see a new battleground added in.

2 Likes

After reading player feedback, we looked at the number of large maps available to players in each pool per week and Pool C ended up with more of the larger maps than the rest. To address this, we swapped Tiger’s Peak from Pool B with Tol’Viron Arena from Pool C.

3 Likes

After ignoring player feedback, we decided to continue with this terrible idea. Thx please send money.

19 Likes

I wish I could enjoy this, but Prot Pally just got DESTROYED WITH NERFS. THANKS!!!

1 Like

Players never asked for this change and it is another one that Blizzard came up with 0 communication to the players. Now we will have people avoiding queueing on certain weeks. The vast majority of arena players don’t want to keep playing the same arena maps over and over and over and over.

Terrible change and even worse communication.

1 Like

I share this sentiment. Blade’s Edge is the most horribly designed arena and I hate it with every fiber of my being.

2 Likes