Arena in SOD

Arena should be in SoD. There doesn’t even need to be rewards, the rating system will be just fine. The only people who don’t want arena in SOD are those who are afraid of a numerical value being attached to their (lack of) PvP prowess.

Add arena in SOD.

26 Likes

i reckon that’d be fun, i enjoy doing arena its just that im sick to death of the wotlk meta so don’t bother anymore. no rewards would be the best way to go about it, but hopefully doing so won’t make it dead content

3 Likes

Arena is in SoD. Its in STV and called Gurubashi and it spawns a rare trinket chest every 3 hours.

15 Likes

shouldn’t you be moderating a discord or a subreddit somewhere?

3 Likes

Do you have an actual reason for not wanting it?

1 Like

Arena single handedly ruined PvP in Retail.

It also saved it, but only after it ruined it.

3 Likes

Why did it ruin it?

Define PvP in Retail without using Arena.

3 Likes

I think it could be fun. I’d definitely play it. I really hope that Blizzard does something to promote/market Arenas in general, because it does feel like there’s been a bit of a falling off of participation in Wrath/Retail arenas lately, but it’s a game mode I like.

Anyway, loo0king forward to SoD!

Boy, Azeroth is your arena. Go get em.

3 Likes

Sure.

Go for it.

As long as there’s solo shuffle.

3 Likes

I would be fine with Arena if it didn’t have rewards for now. Just for people to play. The problem with arena is it replaced BGs and world pvp instead of supplementing it. The world pvp also started to die with TBC because of flying. They really should invest on making pvp on those 3 formats: world pvp and events, instanced bgs objective based pvp casual and rated version, and then deathmatch arena and keep 5v5. They pushed arena into being an esports and that led to terrible class design decisions for balancing to have entertaining arena matches. It really did hurt the original version of PvP. I can see a version of the game with all 3 coexisting fine. Just depends on reward structures.

2 Likes

azeroth will just be roaming deathballs

RBGs, BGs, Brawls, WG-esque things every xpac.

wym?

I feel like WoW Classic definitively showed that the introduction of BGs radically reduced, if not almost completely removed World PVP…

1 Like

Would rather they just add a RBG option, personally. If they add arena, it should be a weekend or temporary event mode.

Why? Rewards or not, people will just cry nerf/buff the entire time if their class or spec isn’t part of an S tier comp in 3s or 5s.

3 Likes

Then do those. You don’t need arena.

2 Likes

no shot, thats just because people were farming honor for ranking to get gear and bgs were more efficient for honor than being in the world. Outside of bgs world pvp was still going on plenty, classic era still has world pvp going on from what it seems. It was actually bearable after they added bgs on some of those servers lol

I know most people aren’t game devs, but at least we know for sure OP isn’t…

Nah, I’m good. I’m asking for arena because I want arena. As do many others.

And yet I still haven’t been presented a real reason as to why we shouldn’t put it in.

1 Like