Arena 2v2, is that supposed to be fun?

It’s rock paper scissor with few extra steps.

Everyone one shot everyone, it’s difficult even to reach 1400 rating.

if you came back late, the Ilvl difference that gives you 4-5k more hp is huge.

But it’s a catch 22, you need the gear to even try to survire, but to get the gear you have to fight players who outgear you by a solid margin thus making the process of getting the gear a constant frustration and not enjoying the game at all

4 Likes

2s is super hot garbage right now

7 Likes

2V2 has been very disgusting for a long time and this is actually an expansion where its been alot better imo. You can actually run double dps past 1600 easily. But generally 2s is just an s tier spec running with the best healer they work with. So lower tier spec usually get rolled unless they are very skilled.

My buddy carried my fresh 60 to 1400 pretty easy. 🤷

twos are meant for carrying, not for fun.

2’s is big dumbo bad. its playable when ur drunk but its a double edged sword cuz when i die to WW monks I rage even harder

2 Likes

without the 20% damp 2’s has been so incredibly bad

haven’t qd since the change but it’ll be a lot better i’m sure

waiting 9 minutes for mistakes to matter was so boring

1 Like

Unless your a HPALY than 20% damp dont matter

After 1400 you will run into alot of glafs carrying scrubs from trade chat

On a side note, I’ve noticed there’s a considerable amount of carry, you can tell by looking at the HP someone has (usually a rogue) like 40k hp and their partner has 25k.

The 40k HP chad will do so much damage and will be so hard to kill it is a real carry, no question about it.

What I don’t understand is why the game let that happen. You should not see glad or ridiculously overgeared people at low tier bracket.

It’s not even competitive, it’s David vs goliath. And David doesn’t have his slingshot.

Last night did 2 2s games first 1 was a lock with 42k hp and a sham with like 27k. Second 1 was a ww with 40k and a 28k HolyPaly. Lost both dropped back to 1580. Do I need to buy carries too?

at 1500 i’ve seen at least 3 people on the glad mount with 42k health with a convoke boomkin with like 34k lol. needless to say i died so fast i didn’t even know what happened

2’s has been extra horrid this xpac. Nothing like seeing 2 hybrids heal each other for 10 minutes until your disc goes oom, or facing Arms/WW+Hpal every other game with Rogue/Mage sprinkled in.

3 Likes

i go oom a lot in 2s rip lol

It’s really unfortunate because it is easily the most accessible rated format. You only need to find 1 other person and there isn’t quite as much going on which is great for newer pvpers.

RBGs is the least accessible in terms of finding groups but far and way the best format for unlocking gear and most people at least have a general idea of what do in a BG.

The game is balanced around 3s (i’m told anyways) and it seems to be the format that requires the most coordination.

I would love to see statistics on the rating curves for each of the 3 formats.

2 Likes

Someone posted the stats so far in another thread. The median 2v2 rating in the US is 1368 which means 50% of players are below the first gear gate. Entirely consistent with my experiences.

if you can’t get past 1400… you’re not meant to pvp sorry bubs.

I mean everyone deserves the chance compete in a fair environment imo. Just because someone is 1400 it doesn’t mean they should have to take a giant gear disadvantage on the chin just because a lot of players can overcome it via “skill”. The bottom half of the ladder is just as important to PvP as whole in this game as the top half and everyone would be better off not ignoring that fact.

3 Likes

With that attitude I’m sure you don’t care about the issue. But maybe you will care when Blizzard looks at participation numbers and assigns development hours and dollars accordingly.

Eh, pvp is in a better state then it has been in a long time… feels rewarding and quick paced, no more 30m games against mist weavers… just practice man, that’s the fun. You want the rating for free???