Are You Kitten Me - quest bugged

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/search?q=are%20you%20kitten%20me

UI also bugged. Can’t exit the vehicle. I got thrown off the mountain, reloaded. I had to totally log out.

7 Likes

Can confirm it’s been an issue since launch. You have to find a layer where it isn’t bugged, which is hard to find. Today this quest is broken on almost all layers with either the first stone missing or the 4 or so stone missing to grab onto is missing.

3 Likes

Also, if you need to “exit vehicle”, just right click on the buff for climbing in the top right corner and it will exit you.

5 Likes

Having same issues, bottom rock is not spawning to be able to climb the cliff. Also no exit vehicle button, even though i’m aware i can click off the buff, but the exit vehicle button should be there.

4 Likes
3 Likes

I want to save the Kitties but as everyone else before me here cannot save the kitties

2 Likes

This is regularly broken in various ways. Sometimes there is no first rock to grab, sometimes you can get 2 rocks up before they stop spawning, and sometimes you can even get 5 rocks up! But it’s never able to be completed.

Nothing much else to add here except my extreme exasperation that Blizzard absolutely refuses to take this (and other broken climbing quests) out of rotation, and so we are actively being denied the main core of the way the game works now - rep/renown. They’ve set it up so that everything revolves around Renown - quest-lines, cosmetics, gear, crafting recipes… and then gave us a fistful of broken rep quests. I’d probably be 23 renown with the Dragonscale Expedition by now, if they weren’t denying me 2 Expedition quests a week, given that every single WQ reset, there is always at least one broken Expedition climbing quest (usually the kitten one - it spawned twice this week!!) - while Blizzard…does nothing about it? For a whole month? Why wasn’t this tested and fixed in Beta? Why was this allowed to release in such a broken state? If broken quests can’t be fixed before they go live, why not take them out of rotation to bug fix them, and let players do a quest that does work in the meantime? It’s unreasonable to leave quests in the game that are preventing progression on crafting, gear, or anything else for that matter! Unfortunately, if there’s another broken climbing quest up next week (they’ve had many months to fix this after all), I think I’ll be leaving the game - along with the 5 other people I brought with me - until there’s news that WQs are functioning as intended - it’s not like I can play a broken game, after all, so why pay for 100% of something when I’m getting maybe 75%?

(Admittedly, I’m particularly salty because I’ve not only wanted a higher rez red drake since WOTLK, and they’re denying me that with not letting me get rep, but also because I’ve now wasted $120 on Shadowlands and Dragonflight. I bought into the hype for both - I came back and supported them, and the same thing happened again with DF! Shame on me for being fooled twice I guess, but it tends to rub people the wrong way when promises are broken and money is wasted. The feedback above is genuine, however - I don’t believe a broken quest should be implemented and be allowed to stay in rotation for well over a month. It shouldn’t be THAT hard to toggle the broken quest off, and toggle another Dragonscale Expedition quest to come ON at reset.)

2 Likes

Yep still broke today I went back with my druid and still can’t complete it we shouldn’t to keep changing too WM or changing realms or making groups to have to a simple WQ now.

1 Like

uh oh, you and 5 people are going to scare blizz into fixing a bug. Not too fair…stuff happens, I think the game is fine. I’ve figured out work arounds like this before.

Seems like it’s still broken. On my default the very first rock to even start climbing simply isn’t there. Since the specific rock isn’t consistent I’d hazard a guess that it’s actually there, but it’s being spawned in a position unreachable to players, like behind the cliff face where players can’t see or interact with it.

Blizzard, we as players should not have to find work arounds for stuff like this on the live servers. You have a Beta test server and the Public Text Realms. These kinds of issues should be discovered there and corrected before going live. Please fix the various broken World Quests that simply can’t be progressed.

1 Like

You can always rely on the armchair coders to tell us how easy it is to do something they won’t do.

Well, I’m sure the desire to do something is there, it’s just some frustrated bug reporters don’t have access to the source code so they can’t do anything.

I got a war mode shard where this world quest was able to be completed this morning, finally. However, it confirmed a bug I thought I might have just imagined last week which is that it does not properly grant rep to the Artisan’s Consortium via contract if you have an active contract buff.

1 Like

Still broken. No rock between the first and third rock. Disappointing to say the least.

1 Like

This is actually getting funny at this point. The very first rock is missing now. lol…

This game…

My horde druid was finally able to do this one a bit ago…

fixed on Saurfand Server