Are you happy with BDK?

Hey all, recently returned and having a hard time deciding between focusing on my BDK and Prot War.

For you BDK’s out there, is there a reason I should choose Prot War over BDK? Just looking for opinions. The reason I’m on the fence really revolves around me loving the DK lore, but sort of meh about the play style, but I love the Prot War playstyle, but I’m meh about the lore.

Just looking for some of your personal opinions to get me off the fence. I’ve been gone since about 2 weeks after SL release and I played a Prot Pally then. Downloading the game as we speak.

Thanks

Prot warrior is the only tank I haven’t played yet this expansion.

I love BDK. It’s definitely the best “carry” tank, in that if you play it right, you’re invincible. With grips, a long range kick, long range stun, amz, etc you can really contribute/dictate to the group success.

2 Likes

I made a video about this a while ago. I mained prot warrior at the start of 9.1 and ended up switching to blood for a few reasons.

• I hated that I had no ability to cc/control mobs on my own as a prot warrior. I was incredibly dependent on the group to help out on runs, which isn’t a great thing when you mostly pug.
  • I hated that I had little ability to keep myself alive when things got dicey. Blood is unkillable.
  • I didn’t like how simple prot warrior is. I do like that you have all of your cooldowns for every pack, but revenge spam is so much of your damage.
  • I don’t like the playstyle prot warrior has this xp where you need to keep all of your charge/intervene charges on cd to keep up your shield block. Felt very hectic.
  • Gorefiends grasp is amazing.
1 Like

I always played Prot. Main / circa vanilla.
And I dont tank with warrior since 9.0.5 for the first time in the franchise.
Spent all my time grinding new batches of soul ash to fix prot’s problems, while DH were way too far ahead in ease and popularity, or simply ahead physically. Pal was the hero trooper. Druids were unstoppable. Monks where trying to be as cool as DH. Bdk were appearing sometimes in queues, never ever complicating anything, and warriors were struggling, bouncing, intervening, charging, working so hard being a yoyo.
Prot is not fun anymore because it dont compete. No matter your reflexes, ui, macros, bindings, music or drug you may take… it dont do the job right in this looooooong road in SL hat seems to last forever. It’s a clown bike for the longest highway.

In 9.1.5 I seen maybe 2 prot warriors.
I saw them trying to organize big pulls and it just dont workout. Glad I’m not that guy anymore, working OT without OT rate.
Learn something else, too much content to do to have all your conduits to 226, getting your renowned to 80, your legendaries crafted and farming your trinkets at the same time.

Unless blizz would hand you fat check for playing that spec in their game, or if there was parallel dimensions to level faster…

You’d still be smart to shove that check somewhere and make a better use of quantum mechanics.

I chose Blood over everything else, class, roles and specs, and played unholy on vers-crit build doing mega dmg on large pulls. I play unholy to boost my rating, to mention I get chosen, I dont get benched in either specs.

9.2 will be a new game with new systems, pokemon colored maps with cone-legged low-poly npcs telling you you’re special.

A farce for sure, so no worries about the proper toon. Level something up to bare minimum and switch to another one.

Kaemane, Malsung and Zasvark, thank you so much for the replies. I had ben leveling a warrior and DK side by side since I got the game downloaded, only to 30 atm. But this info saved me some time. I will be going for the BDK.

Grats on the +20s

Thanks.

Be warned: blood dk is not fun to level. Something about the scaling or maybe lower ranks of deathstrike mean your healing is severely hindered. It gets much, much better at max level.

1 Like

It’s the gearing. Haste can be low at times, and it messes with the flow of your rotation. As the gear gets better and states more constant, he or she will be fine. Haste to me is a feel-good stat. Not saying it’s not good but you usually want just enough to make your rotation flow with your hand movements. A little more or less is wanted between person to person. Unless something’s changed since my recent return to the fold is after that stack Verse.

Damage is too low, thats about it.

2 Likes