Are you guys seeing these capstones in the class tree?

learn how the class works, then maybe ppl will be more willing to have a “conversation” with you.

What have I stated that makes you feel I don’t know how the class works?

Did I say something mechanically wrong?

Now mind you…all I really said is that I dont know why I should blindly believe a nobody forum poster over known good players.

1 Like

not in the mood to educate. keep playing, maybe one day you’ll reach my level of understanding.

I’ve only been reading these forums for like a week now and it seems like half the active posters on here are just on here to argue over semantics rather than actually discuss stuff lmao

And I agree, the capstones are a bit strange and not so exciting. I don’t mind capstones being utility, but what does call of the elements even do for Enhance or even Ele?

Also why doesn’t totemic focus increase the duration of WF totem? Just seems like the base class tree was based around Resto.

And sure, we could do some janky talent builds with no capstones taken at all, but what’s the fun in that? Why do other classes get exciting stuff like The Hunt or Mindgames as capstones?

Off the top go my head, a second capacitor if you took cudgel and extending wind rush. It’s niche but gives you more options. If you don’t need the option, you’d probably take something else. It feels very in line with the most of shaman’s totems: Rather specific tools that you will either want for a specific instance of content, but won’t see any use outside of those circumstances.

Only real changes that should be made to the tree are buffs to stoneskin and call.

Stoneskin should be a 2 min CD that reduces damage taken to all party members by 10%

Call needs to be upgraded to do something for enh for sure. Maybe a change to increase the power of certain totems.

ele it might be good, double magma totem if its tuned right for good DRE fire builds, also double cap totem, double earthgrab and double windrush could be situationally strong

Quad cap totem when talented could be super strong too, just not exactly “exciting”

I will say I don’t see Enhancement taking Call of the Elements outside of raid (if we have to take it that is).

I misread a thing with Ancestral Guidance previously - it affects 3 targets, unlike the Druid’s Nature’s Vigil, which affects 1. This brings it up to 6% effective healing over its cooldown duration - I’m not sure whether it’s worthwhile still (in my mind), but it’s not as bad as I was thinking.

AG is in the game currently, its incredibly strong

For PVE/Enhancement it’s a 10 second heal on a 2 minute cooldown… it feels… lackluster. No idea for other specs, but as a 2 minute cooldown it means I can (rarely) help heal myself and 2 tanks up briefly after a big hit… Since it won’t get used in trash when there are enough targets to make it shine, it should heal around 105k-136k health. Like I said, not terrible, but it’s not really something exciting. You push a button and get a 3-target HOT that you don’t really have much control over once every 2 minutes.

If used in your burst its basically a full heal for your entire party. You plan around it and use it during heavy incoming damage. Currently on live I can burst for 15k HPS its an incredibly powerful cooldown

What’s the range on its effect? It says “two nearby targets” - the casters are usually pretty far back, and I’m the only consistent melee in the raid (or party) right now. I’m not doubting you - I’m just trying to figure out what its value really is. I was acknowledging a previous error on my review of the spell, and I still think it’s less interesting / less useful than the Druid’s closest equivalent talent with the long CD, since a 33% uptime is going to be more useful than an 8% uptime.

I suppose the biggest benefit for Enhancement regarding the short duration is that we’ll likely be able to actually stick to the boss for such a short duration, while the longer 30 second duration of the Druid equivalent is much harder to manage in melee range - mobile fights may move the target away from you, or you may need to switch off to deal with another mechanic, so I can see some benefit there.

I’ll admit, never having played Elemental, I have zero experience with this talent - it certainly doesn’t read like much.

I’m not entirely sure, but it is a fair amount because I’m consistently hitting party members now

Uptime doesnt matter, that assumes that everyone is in danger/low HP 100% of the time. AG is good because its a massive heal, which helps to heal through the stuff that is actually dangerous, which doesn’t occur that often. You don’t need high uptime, only the times when the healer needs help

I play it regularly around +23 and I can bring my party from 10% to full if im bursting

nobody does.
If call resets PVP totems (grounding, static field), it’ll be marginally useful. BUT it doesn’t even do that.

Wait you are saying call of elements doesnt reset grounding or static field totem? WTF

Wait what?

I agree with the other poster that even the white tiger statue is niche. Where and when would you say it’s gonna be used in pvp besides niche situations?