Are WoW's Graphics Good Enough For You?

Definitely good enough. Not over the moon stellar but good enough for sure.

It is a modern graphics engine…have you looked at the settings avaible?

I enjoy the stylized cartoony aethstetic of WoW. Ultra realism would get boring

1 Like

I will literally play NES games.

Only reason I keep playing nowadays, the graphics and style of wow.

Graphics are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO not the priority fix here, not even top 10.

Better (non Ion) systems
Less grinding
More customization (characters, housing, systems, talents)
Less toxicity
More listening…

Wow’s graphics are fine.

See, this is my worgen alt.

2 Likes

I don’t like the graphics look and feel of most high res DirectX games. The characters and the scenery don’t blend well together and the lighting just doesn’t seem “right”.

That said, I’d be more than happy if WoW adopted the Unreal engine.

I personally would like to see EK and Kalimdor as well as Outland and Northrend brought up to SL standards.

It’s one of many reasons I prefer WoW over FF14.

Yes. I like WoW’s graphics and cartoons.

I don’t care about graphics so yes :ok_hand:

Yep, never liked realistic graphics.

Favorite art style is actually 2D Sprites. WoW’s heavily stylized 3D works too though.

I have noticed that games that have more realistic graphics than WOW tend to lose the fluidity of movement that WOW toons have.

2 Likes

If wow does upgrade its graphics engine, I’d love to see the graphics go in a direction more in line with Zelda: breath of the wild. I think wow would be very compatible with that art style personally.

Plus I think those types of graphics trump the “realistic” look some of these new/modern MMO’s are using.

oh and it could also be compatible with switch, which would do this game a lots of favors (if they figure out UI settings/addons for console gaming).

I think wow right now is just to “stiff”.

I prefer Didier’s style to the more cartoonish slant that accompanied the model updates.

I always imagine people who complain about WoW’s graphics are under 30 and will claim a game is unplayable if the graphics are anything other than nextgen.

As WoW gets older, so do its players, so graphics should too

Within five years WoW should be 8-bit graphics so I can still play as my eyes fail.
And in my final years it should be like “The Oregon Trail” and just be text.

You see a Goblin, you should:

1. Stare at it and wonder what a Goblin is.
  2. Take a nap.
  3. Huh?

Generally, yes I enjoy the graphics but overall it needs an update.

My question is .

What video game isn’t a cartoon ?

Where are the video games where you control an actual person and not some kind of animation .

Every games graphics are good as long as the game is good.

Yeah, they’re expressive, colorful, and easy to see. They also don’t look too out of place on the lowest setting, which is important I think for an MMO. Makes things more accessible, you know?