Are we simply going to ignore

For the rest of the expansion that Sub (Outlaw) rogue in PVP is not viable at the higher level of play??

• I will say I am biased in that I still view Sub as the defacto “PVP” spec (same with Arms for warriors)

I could write a thesis on the current problems but instead I present you with tangible stats:

Solo Shuffle Leader board, curtesy of Blizzard:
(Could also look at the 3v3 leader boards to see Sub is basically extinct)

Frost DK - 2811
Unholy DK - 2892
Havoc DH - 2972
Feral - 2780
WW Monk - 2906
Ret Paladin - 2940
Assassin Rogue - 2971

Sub Rogue - 2585
Outlaw Rogue - 2492

Enhancement Shaman - 2947
Arms Warrior - 2878
Fury Warrior - 2963

The difference between 2.4-2.5k to 2.8-2.9k in rating is actual insanity tbh.

Sub is 100% designed as a burst/control spec. The burst is non-existent now (damage nerfs, way higher health pools, higher vers values etc) and the control aspect has also been nerfed and is not prevalent enough to make the spec viable in higher level play. Not to mention that the playstyle requires a much higher ceiling of play then other melee counter parts that can simply Zug as their primary strat.

Numbers don’t lie, please fix!

3 Likes

I used to feel the exact same way in that certain specs should excel at pvp (Arms and Sub), but times have changed my friend.

Another side note is that I recall you posting something in another thread talking about Rogue button bloat and it resonated with me. Now that so much of their power is baked into doing full DPS rotations while in stealth, all those other stealth-only buttons (sap, cheap shot, distract, shroud of concealment, pickpocket, etc) just have no place on my action bars because my stealth bar is now also filled with all my rotational DPS abilities. It doesn’t feel good to play Rogue PVP for that reason.

I miss the days when I could control the flow of the battlefield. Sap one person, and then cheapshot and stun to death one person while fully CCing another. I know the game isn’t that way anymore.

One reason I think Assassination is performing better is simply because opposite of what you said regarding burst, it just has really good sustained damage, and sustained damage is pressure, but they also have really good burst too. Assassination is so much better than the other specs in that regard, as well as being able to apply pressure on multiple targets via their powerful bleeds/poisons and like you said they have an easier time doing so as well. Too much of the pve rotational aspect of Sub’s gameplay has worked against it in PvP because there’s just too much to manage in PvP.

3 Likes