Are we getting new PvP ranks today?

If it works the way it worked in 2006 you’ll get the rank but no opportunity to buy stuff

You have got to be kidding me…

1 Like

I believe the 2006 blue post said honor was calculated the same day as prepatch. It seems odd to stop honor a day early only to also calculate ranks on prepatch day. Seems pointless.

I sure hope so since they told us so long in advance that we’d get updated ranks about eight hours ago…

From my experience as a long wow player. Blizzard does not care about what the players want.

1 Like

From my understanding from the blue post it was supposed to be done a day early (which is today Monday) so it would be snap shotted with the prepatch tonight. But I still have yet to see any updates on my shaman who I was trying to get to rank 10 for the title in time. Pretty much 4pm now PST :confused:

1 Like

BLIZZARD!!! To not allow the players of this game that slaved for hours and paying to play this game to not get to purchase the gear they earned (the way they earned it) before the next expansion is not fair on any level. NOT COOL!

2 Likes

I agree that they should have done the honor calcs today and give people a day to buy the gear they want. While it’s now technically available for honor tomorrow that’s a long grind whereas right now it’s for gold. Doesn’t seem fair

1 Like

Updated. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You got your rank?

I have heard some people on my server have received their new ranks today. I have not :frowning:

More info than we got from Bli$$ard. Good to hear though, keep us updated please

Can confirm, my rank updated. I’m on Whitemane and haven’t been on all day until now. Thank god cause I can buy the pvp mounts with gold instead of using marks.

3 Likes

That’s great news for people, grats on rank 11 and your mounts.

1 Like

My rank updated on Faerlina…Grand Marshal…unfortunately…did not have enough money to buy all the weaps i can use lol…(since i was in AV 24/7)…gonna get the money now

1 Like

You are not the first person to have this problem lol. Grats on GM! That’s awesome.

Updating my status. Still no new rank on my Warlock who needs the rank to get mounts but my Druid has updated. WTF

1 Like

It took all day, but I got my new rank. I’m off to buy mounts!

Smolderweb here. Some people have said theirs has updated, mine has not. Still waiting for my rank 11.

If classic follows the trajectory of vanilla, at some point, you will be able to buy replica weapons and armor on any toon of the same class that made the rank. So, if you became a GM paladin, you can roll a new paladin (either faction) and buy the rank 14 replica gear. In retail, I have level 10 hunters tmogged to r14, just because I find it amusing.
Grats on GM. It’s a long grind!
–HWL, Oct 30 2006, June 23 2020.