Are Warlocks Succubus being removed?

This has always been the dumbest take that many people has, how does adding more skimpy demon = desexualization?

They can put female spider demon from Legion if it bothers you that much.

Which would be so much cooler than succubus, people only complain because they haven’t seen the alternatives.

Dayuuum…

Not really…the thread is mostly spam that has nothing to do with the issue.

Though, to answer OP regarding Blizzard’s newly found wokeness, I have tried and am unable to flag the post as spam, despite that being what that thread is.

In other words, Blizz has blocked that thread from being flagged, so they’re probably removing the succubus because some people can’t handle the difference between fiction and reality; likely because their reality is fiction.

Ok, so let’s remove the succubus. Let’s remove all the killing and war, the alliance vs horde rivalry. Remove PvP; remove all group content because players could be inappropriate or toxic. We ESPECIALLY need to just end Shadowlands RIGHT NOW, because of the use of chains and the jailer’s insistence on making all in reality serve him…by definition, this IS slavery.

In fact, if we’re going to follow this reasoning, I think it is time Blizz finally axes WoW completely. Just turn all the servers off and World of Warcraft will go down in the history books as a game that made 15+ years of sexist, racist content. Then we can cancel the history book for documenting that.

All hope is lost. People need to learn a little empathy and try to see what their position looks like from the other side. IMO, cancelling the succubus IS sexist.

2 Likes

…and no, people are complaining about people being stupid. How about all those who want succubus removed, try to see the alternative? The succubus is a powerful, sex-positive woman. She chooses to be who she is. The only thing “wrong” here is that a warlock summons her…

We’re assuming she is summoned by a male and commanded against her will, but do we know that? Are all warlocks male? Is there a problem with a woman choosing to be sexual? Is there something wrong with a bunch of people talking about what is and is not proper for the portrayal of a woman in a video game?

Idk about other warlocks but… I always figured mine listens because she feels like it. I mean if anything she’s kinda empowering as I doubt my warlock has any kind of dominance over her ^^; She listens as it makes her fluffy little fox happy… not like one can truly command a strong independent demon like a succubus or their incubus counterparts to begin with. Oh and btw according to Blizz it doesn’t seem Succubus are being taken away because doing so would be seen as a more sexist offensive move than leaving them in…but…they’re giving us incubus as well as an optional glyph for those who want a male version.

1 Like

They’re delivered via giant wasps

Wasn’t it referenced by multiple warlock npcs that their succubus agreed to serve each other as opposed to the succubus serving the master?

- prepares for forum bombardment -

IMHO, she does.
The final responsibility for a person’s actions rest with that person. This means, whether a woman (or anyone) chooses to wear provocative clothing, or run through Central Park at night, alone, they have put themselves in a target position.

However–this does Not mean they are responsible for the choices their harasser or attacker makes. The final responsibility for That rests with the aggressor. Period.

IOW, with one’s choices one may open the door to trouble, but trouble still has to choose to walk through.

With rights come responsibilities. They go hand-in-hand. Rights w/o responsibilities leads to narcissistic recklessness; and responsibilites w/o rights … well, that’s slavery.

1 Like

Clown world indeed, and the clowns won’t be happy until it’s World of Wokecraft.
Honk Honk!