Are these heroics nerfed?

I’m all for nerfed raids. But not nerfed dungeons. I like dungeon crawling with the boys. Not steam rolling through. Way to easy. Not cool. Only dungeon that presented any challenge was the blackrock one.

I remember back in the day these being harder. There’s no way we are this much better. I remember things one shotting if not interupted and having to cc certain mobs or it was almost impossible to heal through.

So, they are somewhat nerfed, but the bigger difference is the fact we’re playing on 4.3.4 class balance. So everyone is significantly stronger along with the nerfs.

I will point out a few things though…

1. many mechanics will still 1 shot people, its just most people arent getting hit by them.

2. ties into #1, we’re still early in the xpac, so most of the people youre running with are not casual players. People that hit 85 and started gearing up day 1 are not the typical group youll have in a week or so…

3. generally since the skill level has increased, things are dying faster with much higher dps, so healers mana is less of an issue, the 1 shot mechanics are usually dealt with far fewer per fight, and with the availability of knowledge, people are going into heroics with good stats/gear/mechanical knowledge.

To put it into some perspective, when cata first launched. Doing like 10-15k through a dungeon was considered really good. Now most of my groups i run with are doing 20-30k dps each. Which snowballs into healers/tanks having it easier as well.

2 Likes

Just wait for mythic dungeons.

I don’t know man. I’m still level 83…

2 Likes

What?! You got a job or life?

This really can’t be overstated enough. Anyone remember when Gammas first came out and everyone was able to farm their first 40 scourgestones in a handful of days? They felt easy at the time.

Well, if you had tried revisiting gammas in February while gearing a toon you would have had a very different experience.

The people you are playing with at 85 in heroics right now are the sweats gearing for raid.

Let’s see how RDF plays out a couple of months from now when the majority of folks in the content are the last cohort of levelling/gearing players.