Are there other gnomish cities?

OKAY LET’S HOLD ON HERE.

Let’s remember that goblin greed isn’t inherent. It’s societal. As we see with the Kelfin, which are essentially goblins raised in a non-goblin society, there’s a lot of compassion in a goblin. They just want friends and they’re very earnest. A goblin that left the normal goblin society is Grizzek twistwrench, and his whole thing was trying to be a good person who could help the world.

Goblins have the capacity to be careful, patient, smart, and compassionate. It’s something they can do. However, they’ve had a society based around being as cutthroat as they can be - most likely stemming from being an oppressed people for so long. They take what they can get without remorse - and if anything the Alliance and Horde haven’t done much to dissuade them.

Gnomes, on the flip side, have the capacity for supposedly goblin level amounts of pride and greed. Think of Tinkmaster Overspark - Sicco Thermaplugg, that guy in the mechagon comic. King Mechagon! Gnomes can be prejudiced, arrogant, and ignorant, with rather large egos.

A humble gnome is a good gnome. A compassionate goblin is a good goblin. And they’re both possible.

2 Likes

Here’s my interpretation on the Topic. I should add that My favorite races in this game are Goblins and Night Elves (an odd pairing, I admit)

Thanks to Mimiron’s little science experiment. Goblins were made so incredibly intelligent that they rocketed through societal development overnight.
They went from barbaric, undeveloped pygmies to fully developed, mechanical society in basically a month.

During this time there were a few small wars. But they we’re quickly abandoned as their society continued to make radical progress.

Goblins, deep down, are still Fighting their barbaric, bloodthirsty wars. But they fight wars through money and finance, not through blood and gore.

This is why the Oldest goblin families split into Cartels that all hate eachother’s guts.
It’s simple, basic Tribalism. just propelled into the future at mach 20.

YES YES YES HOLD ON YES.

No that’s exactly what’s going on here! What we’re also seeing though is younger goblins like Gazlowe and the Kelfin abandoning that semi-tribal tradition of being cuthroat and bloodthirsty! They just want to see how they can move through the world as it changes around them!!!

1 Like

I personally just want a solid answer involving the Loyalty of the Bilgewater Goblins.

Goblins usually prefer to be neutral. To them that’s just sound logic and good business.

But the Bilgewater Cartel were all indentured to Trade Prince Gallywix, and Gallywix was forcibly indentured to the Horde.

Now Gallywix is gone, and Gazlowe (Who by the way is NOT a Bilgewater Goblin) is the Goblin representative for the Horde.

So… What happens to the Bilgewaters now? are they just along for the ride? Will Blizzard refuse to acknowledge their own lore?
Probably that.

1 Like

Yes, but they’re called ‘nests’.

We have to fumigate Orgrimmar constantly when we find them.

1 Like

Honest question are sand gnomes a legitimate thing or no? And would they have a city of their own.

It bothers me how little world building there is in WoW. Are there any towns? Where do people in this world actually live?

1 Like

My guess is that the system of Cartels is breaking down, similar to the dissolution of the orcish tribes within the Horde. Certainly there’s going to be some family pride attached to being part of a cartel, but this appears to be ALL goblins uniting under a single banner.

Ew…
Also they should really be a neutral race at this point. But blizzard doesn’t like anything that isn’t red vs blue

1 Like

Ah they just don’t know how to write it. I feel like once they get a fresh new set of writers in, people like Kristy Golden, we’ll get some fancy new world building. Any quests she’s written have been lovely, frankly.