Are there bots in "find a battle"?

Keep facing what appears to be the same player with the same lineup and the same moves. I can’t imagine that the opponent is actually having fun with such a boring and tedious setup. Makes me wonder if I’m facing bots.

Are there Bots in the “Find A Battle” pvp pet battles?

I’m not having any fun here. I’d rather wait a long while for a human than keep facing this bot-like opponent with exactly the same lineup every time.

Some people just pick a meta and follow the moves. It doesn’t mean they’re a bot, it just means they don’t know how to intuitively play pet battles. They’re just doing what they’re told by a guide

1 Like

Sure, it’s possible that’s going on too. I want to know, are there bots? Is that even a thing on “find a battle”.

It’s just about expectations. I’m not mad at blizz, I just want know what is to be expected which I click “find a battle”. Seems reasonable.

Unless someone posts that they’re using a bot, we don’t know for sure. It wouldn’t surprise me, though. It would be easy to do and it’s not a part of the game that seems like it would be heavily scrutinized by blizzard, so someone’s probably tried it.

Not what I meant.

I was asking if BLIZZARD has an AI opponent in the “Find a battle” function. Sounds like the answer is no.

I doubt it. Chances are you’re just facing someone using TD-Script with a pre-set pattern enabled and spamming one button. (At least I’m pretty sure they can set it up to do that)

The grind for Stunted Direhorn is horrible, and I hated it, I probably would still be on it if they hadn’t added the achievements to win 10 battles with each family.

1 Like

Your probably facing someone that is using rematch.

I’d wager 90% of all pet battlers use Rematch.

Based on some of the wonky combinations of moves Blizzard comes up with in PvE, I wish they’d have a bot in the queue. :joy:

likewise. Add, say, 20 bots to the queue at all times and the queue times would be more consistent and shorter, and you’d get more variety in opponents.

Why would people risk their accounts botting something as inconsequential as pet battles? You’re probably facing a human who is watching a show and playing on auto pilot.

2 Likes

Was just wondering. Thanks for the help.

EDIT: for the record, shortly after posting the initial thread, I got variety in my “Find a battle” button.

No clue if someone saw the post and switched the bots around, or if there was just a single that kept getting matched with me.