Are the holy changes new? Was there an explanation I missed?

Were they announced in advanced like patch notes often are? Did I miss a note explaining the changes and discussing their goals? With changes this big I’d expect something, ecially when they include a 7% healing nerf to a spec that already was subpar. I get that MIGHT get counterbalanced by other changes, but please explain how?

1 Like

Nope. Blizzard just dumped it on us today.

2 Likes

I posted in the other thread that’s open.

The major change in this patch is Miracle Worker is no longer an end tree talent and is in the place of where Rapid Recovery/Empowered Renew was in the tree.

So the TLDR with that is you can now pick another end-tree talent like Divine Image or Lightwell. Picking either of these and using them properly should wash out most of the hps loss (could be 5-8% of of your overall healing).

Then you have the change to Healing Chorus which only needs 20 stacks instead of 50 to make your next Circle of Healing do +100% more healing. That overall is a net hps increase.

However, this needs to be tested live. Holy can either perform worse than it does already on the hps charts, perform the same, or perform a lot better. If it’s a net loss then it’s going to be like 10.2 again where we’ll be getting hotfixes week-after-week until the nerfs are washed out.

2 Likes

This is what I missed/was wondering about earlier and makes sense they’d nerf divine word if both could be used. Interested to test this all out.

I think it’s retaliation against the community for all the negative feedback on hero talents LOL

2 Likes

I have no idea what the goal of the changes are. I feel the tree is more chaotic than it was before; like most of the best tree you can see a general idea of what each side is thematically and mechanically, here I kina lost that sense from mid of the tree to the bottom.

Apparently, Jak doesn’t even recomment Miracel Worker for M+ anymore? I don’t even know what to think about those changes.

1 Like

Take the wowhead builds with a grain of salt. You’re gimping yourself by not taking Miracle Worker.

2 Likes

Pretty’s sure I looked at the talents he has posted for mythic+ and miracle worker is absolutely there.

Raid doesn’t have chastise picked though which I thought was interesting.

Yeah I didn’t mean that I wasnt going to take it myself, no way I dont XD

They have been updated between the time I posted my previous reply and now

Using Divine Word now yay… cause we wanted more buttons that are not a brez, interrupt or proper defensive, amirite

3 Likes