Are the forums wrong?

It depends on my role. I typically see toxicity directed towards tanks and healers. When I heal I catch bizarre behavior, like having “correct” talents 'splained to me by a huntard, or a tank bugging me for not rushing to pick up the Bastion buff in a low key.

I’ve had zero issues when I play my warlock, but seen saltiness directed towards tanks for the “wrong pull.”

Pug raids are a lot better, maybe because I usually pick groups with a Discord.

It’s the same thing with twitter. Everyone who regularly posts there, implies or believes the whole planet is there too and they know how everyone thinks. Which is hilarious when you see a trend is usually maybe 10,000 likes and there is billions of people on the planet.

You are thinking about… pancakes?

Always and overwhelmingly.

…Wait, what were we talking about? Oh right.

It depends on where you’re playing. Just last night I dropped out of a group because the tank was being passive aggressive and annoying in chat. You know the one. Opens their mouth just to vaguepost about “mechanics” or vaguepost about fights that are already over. Easiest 10 minutes I’ve spent waiting for a new group of my life. First person I ever bothered putting on ignore.

Buuut that was one of maybe 30 dungeons, so y’know.

The most toxic people in this community are the people who don’t actually do any of the content but desperately want to dictate how that content is played.

A lot of people have a single negative experience and let it color their entire view of a sub community.

how did you know

are you Akinator?!?!?

1 Like

There are people on this forum that both don’t want to be told they can’t do something and also when they are told they can do something they will argue to the death why they can’t (because of the game, other players, 1%ers stopping them from doing normal, etc)

Some dwell on an experience from 10 years ago and apply it to the game today, assuming everyone is just as bad as the worst person they ran into in Wrath of the Lich King.

Others refuse to believe for themselves that they’d be capable of doing anything more than LFR, so they never try while also spending hours and hours and hours on the forums convincing others its impossible.

1 Like

Lotta folks just wanna do nothing in game, and feel like the need to justify it.

1 Like

I wish more forum posters would take this view.

The first rule of the forums - the whining here rarely translates into the game.

same i’m 6’1 and jacked

1 Like

Yes, the forums are wrong and not really representative of the people you see in game.

People overly exaggerate their experiences and remember we’re getting 1 side of the story.

There’s a lot of insecure people who project onto others. WoW Pugging community has some bad apples, but as a strict 100% Pugger of M+, raid and PVP, I have seen very little toxicity. I experience vastly more positive interactions than negative in any form of content.

1 Like

The forums are more toxic than the game. So take what is said on here with a grain of salt and let your own experience decide for itself.

2 Likes

Yes and no. We all have evidence of both toxicity in-game, and great gamer moments. I don’t think it’s that bad but I’d never say this game is toxicity free.

I personally don’t think the player base is toxic. I’ve met more good, helpful and fun people in game than dolts. They are there, but I don’t focus on them so they don’t feel like the majority to me. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’ll do 4 M+'s. Three are good.

And I end up feeling discouraged for a week because of that 1 that wasn’t.

It’s so dumb but it’s how the brain works.

1 Like

Toxic people tend to find others like them.

Bad experiences happen far less than good ones. But people come to vent about the bad, not celebrate the good. Misery loves company.