Are Rogues DH killers?

Would love to make an alt that is a Demon Hunter Hunter.

Is a rogue the class for me?

I’m pretty awful at this game, but my personal opinion is rogues can handle dh’s pretty easily given same gear/essences/corruption garbo. Especially in pure 1v1 situations. I think the rogue would have to severely misplay to lose to a dh on even ground. In 2s when I play my rogue against dh, I ALWAYS get immediately rushed by the dh with spectral sight to knock me out of stealth and my pug partners never manage to get them in combat so that ruins my opener but thats just me being bad.

Also, Destro locks copulate on my corpse all day. Probably more than rogues. Idk if they are just that good against dh’s or that overtuned atm or both, but yeah something to consider.

Well, I consider my self a decent PvP player and very rarely do I win against a demon hunter. They just have too many ways to mitigate damage.

1 Like

Yeah I could be totally wrong, or ive just been unlucky playing against much better players than I am, which isn’t a very high bar but rogues consistently give me the most trouble outside of destro locks

I am asking around other class forums and no one seems to be the counter haha.

Destro does come up a fair amount though, so maybe I will ask the warlocks.

It kinda depends. I can certainly make their experience unpleasant with stuns or evasion during meta.

Basically, meta doesn’t mean a whole lot to me because I can stun lock you down, if you trinket you’re gonna eat a blind sap and I’ll do it again and I can evasion and cloak your damage. So can certainly force all DH cds in a 1v1.

If tentacles proc during the stun lock they are dead though.

This is my anecdote. I have not done arenas or anything rated, but I have done WPvP and random battlegrounds. I haven’t had any problems going up against demon hunters with the exception of a few encounters. Any class is more than capable of killing a DH provided they know which abilities to encounter.

Here are some tips that helped me out:

1. Save Kidney Shot or Blind for when the DH pops Metamorphosis.
  2. If your opponent has opted to take Rain from Above, use Vanish and be prepared to trap them in Cheap Shot the second they land.
  3. If at all possible, team up with a Ret Paladin or Discipline Priest.

Don’t blow vanish on RfA. Just smoke bomb and restealth and sap when he lands.

2 Likes

If you burst them hard outside of their incredible low blur CD its a somewhat easy matchup, just make sure you save onto your kidneys because DH’s players have the luck of pressing blade dance as soon your kidney goes off and I think anyone here knows missing kidney is the most tilt inducing thing in this game.

1 Like

rogue has the advantage in arena, can go either way in bgs

DH are very easy to beat. All you need to do is kite them. They have no answer to snares. E z p z win.

Terrible waste of a Vanish.
Use smokebomb for Rain from Above, and just spam your /rofl emote so they know they’re dead when they land.

1 Like

Depends on the player. If you know the inside and out of a DH you can handle them pretty easily.

At the start rush then to get sap off, if you’re not that quick throw blind up but that’s not recommended.
They have no worthwhile debuff like wound or crippling Poison. But make no mistake don’t try stand toe to toe with them much like a ret Pally they’ll ruin your day real quick.

Sure, waste your strongest CC because he got you out of stealth before the fight even starts lmao

I guess you missed the, it’s not recommended part of that post?

Sure edit my post to suit whatever narrative you want to spin

Ah yes missing your opener and getting drop on immediately putting you on the defensive, not like he has a partner or anything. Lmao

It shouldn’t be mentioned at all. It doesn’t matter that you put in “not recommended” because you’re specifying it as an option, which it isn’t. You’re just trying to backpedal now.

Not like you have a Kidney Shot or anything. Lmao.
Not like you have a partner too or anything. Lmao.

Oh of course waste kidney shot, not like most Sin Rogues take this little talent called Subterfuge and SS Trait that would make openers very important. No sir re. Lmao

Openers are not important at all. I mean it’s not like Rogues were design to dictate how the fight begins. Guess my partner should help me recover while I’m being trained to death

Because using Blind, a 2 minute CD, is so much better than using Kidney Shot, a 20 second CD.

Hence, Kidney Shot > LoS > restealth.
Jesus christ. No wonder the only thing you’ve ever accomplished in PvP is “step into the arena” 11 years ago.

1 Like

Yeah it does because kidney shot is use to lockdown your targeted opponent, blind is use to isolate the other.

Your opener importance far exceeds that 2 min cd. Cause the amount of damage you could have done.

Sure hope his partner just idly let you los instead of putting pressure on you while your helpless not like they have cc of their own.

I mean you are going to inspect my character at least not be hypocritical because you stats is far from impressive.

Rogue opener not important made my entire weekend with that lmao

Then why are you using Blind on the DH lmfao?
Like what is this going to accomplish? Nothing. At. All.
You use your Blind on the DH and his partner is going to attack you anyway. Now your 2 minute CD is gone and you got literally nothing for it. You gave up Blind, a very strong CD, and they still have everything.

Once again… Kidney > LoS > restealth
Which brings me to your next statement:

To which I answer, once again:

And in case you are too dim-witted to figure out my point, which you’ve already established that you are…
You Kidney DH, your partner sheeps/fears/HoJ/whatever low CD CC they have while you LoS and get an easy restealth.

I never said anything about the rogue opener, other than specifically telling you how to get a restealth without wasting Blind so that you can re-do your opener lmao.

My god, dude.
:drooling_face: :potato:

1 Like