Are pet dailies once per account in TWW?

Update: I was able to complete the pet battle daily on my alt. I had to walk away and back again before the pet battle appeared but then I complete it. Thanks everyone!

I did a pet battle daily on my main in the war within and when I logged onto an alt to do the same pet battle the npc wasn’t there to start the battle even though the pet daily icon was visible. Is there something I am missing? Thanks everyone

World Quests are definitely by character. Easiest way to get your spark casually on your alts is to do the pet battle WQs over the course of the week.

What dailies are you referring to?

2 Likes

I think that’s the interesting question.

Someone on the Discord reported something similar, and I sent an alt there last night to do the same daily I had already done on my main. Worked fine for me.

But "the npc wasn’t there " sniffs a bit of a phasing issue, maybe where the alt hadn’tunlocked something?

There are WQ pet battles in TWW?

I was referring to the pet battle dailies. The npc was there for my main but not for my alt. I finished the campaign and unlocked world quests. I can see them all on my alt just not the npc for the pet battle ones.

There are 8 pet trainer NPCs in all of TWW and any of them can have a WQ up. I haven’t noticed how many can be up at a time, except yesterday I did two.

1 Like

I wonder why I never saw them.

But maybe I didn’t unlock World Quests or something, though that’s hard to believe. In the three days during pre-release, I did just about every quest in TWW that I saw.

World Quests unlock after you complete the main campaign and unlock adventure mode.

Most of the quests you will see in TWW are side-quests that do not count towards the campaign.

You need to follow the quests with the brown shields around them. When you complete those, down in Hallowfall, you unlock WQ.

I did. There are no brown shield quests in Hallowfall. At least not that I can see them.

I’m also seeing other problems in this. I tried to get the Hallowed Glowfly pet yesterday, but I couldn’t light the flames, despite having far more than enough Remnants.

I asked in channel what the problem was, and someone asked if I had done the questline in this area, and they specified the quests with the brown shield around them. There aren’t any. Not a single one. I see no brown shield quests in Hallowfall. I see the side quests fine. Nothing else.

Well, what about the earlier zones? Did you complete all of those?

Actually, the campaign follows on to Azh-Kehet from Hallowfall.

I think it ends at What We Still Have or Uniting Severed Threads, where you forge the alliance between the three rebels. I should remember all this; it was recent enough.

To check if you have completed these quests, type this line into your chat

/run print(C_QuestLog.IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(78248))

or

/run print(C_QuestLog.IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(84022))

You should see “true”

No, I noticed a brown shield in Hallowfall, so I sort of went back to the beginning. It turns out I only completed two out of the three quests. I just finished the third one, which was dumb. (I hate quest trees with foregone conclusions that I can’t do anything about. It reminds me of the Keeshan quest line in Redridge. Of course, everyone has to die and I’m the only surviving member of Bravo Company. Though don’t ask me what John Keeshan is doing in Draenor and BfA. I watched him fall into the lake from that dragon.)

So, now I’m in the next zone. Seems I was just wasting my time completing Safari and doing side quests.

Not wasting your time!

Now you have the Safari. And you will want the side-quests eventually for the Sojourners.

Not there yet but assuming unlocking WQs is basically same as in DF, need to finish the Campaign questlines in each of the four zones.

Check your achievements for required storylines you may have not completed, the achieves are same name as the zones:
The Isle of Dorn
The Ringing Deep
Hallowfall
Azj-Kahet

UPDATE: Confirmed, after completing those achievements for all the Campaign storylines, you get access to World Quests. Don’t need to be 80 (I got it at 78)

What gets me about Pet Battle Dailies now is they are not all up at the same time at reset…one could be up for 23 hrs just loaded in but then another was up for 5 hrs and had been up already from the day before…they are not resetting on the daily reset now like they use too…the times that are left to do it are all over the place.