Are Druids worth it in Classic?

I’m intrigued by the flexibility of the druid but I’m put off by the constant comments of the druid being mediocre or not preferred at everything. To me, it seems like a lot of fun to be able to help out with every situation. The constant spamming of “need tank or need heals” in the Barrens chat makes me want to be able to jump in and help while I level.
I like to heal, so I’m happy healing at endgame, even if it’s not the “best” healer. As long as I can find a spot and help out, I’m fine.
So should I jump into the ultimate hybrid class?

1 Like

You don’t really need a “best” healer for a dungeon.

1 Like

Yes, druids are worth it.

/endthread

1 Like

Do what you want. Based on playstyle, class, race and if you like the class lore/idea. Do not play something because ____________ or people ______________. I have played druid since early 06’ and I have never had a problem finding people to play with or groups or guilds to play with. There is merit in a person who likes what they play vs. what they feel they are forced to play.

Druid is so much fun and you might enjoy it! I have healed, tanked, and dps all fine in every situation I have been in because the people I have surrounded myself with in game are welcoming.

Enjoy the game!!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ignore the comments, Druids can literally do everything. The only genuine drawback is going Moonkin and trying to keep pace in a raid setting, simply because there is a lack of Arcane/Nature debuffs and mana is a huge issue.

Otherwise, you can do literally all other PvE roles and in PvP you really get to shine as a hybrid.

Plus all the solo shenanigans.

The answer is yes. Druid are fun and versatile, especially in solo content and PvP. It’s only PvE where you’ll find an issue and only later in the game. And even then, druids are decent healers and you will be able to find spots.

I think they’re more fun in PvP than PvE in classic and overall I liked TBC+ druids a lot more than classic/vanilla, but there’s definitely fun aspects to them in classic.

Things like power-shifting macros that work were the best parts which is why I think they were more fun in PvP. They also re-enabled totem targeting functionality in Classic i believe, which allows you to make totem stomping rank 1 moonfire macros.

Your best bet at a druid is Feral Tank. Tanks are by far the most needed thing anywhere right now and a Druid does it decently well.

Cat might be best for quest leveling and you can pass as a DPS role. Problem is everyone wants Mages/Warlocks right now.

Balance is torture. You just can’t really do anything quick as balance.

Resto works fine, but Priest will be wanted more for AoE groups for the initial shield. Priests can also remove a lot of the horrible debuffs that Druids cannot. You can still get by really well as Resto.

Anyone who is biased against Druids is stuck in the wrong mindset. Druids become one of the most efficient healers in the game and occupy niche roles with innervate and battle rez that other classes just can’t touch.

I’ve also seen bear Druids tanking just fine up to and including in Naxx, with my last guild actually running two in all levels of content (not intentionally, but it just worked out that way).

Feral Druids that are very tryhard can also DPS at a well enough level that it’s possible to take them for their versatility if that’s the route you’re trying to go.

Bad Druids can be really bad, but that’s true of most classes. A good druid is someone you want playing with you 100%

I wouldn’t be worried at all.

but, but, but my comment was in favor of druid! :sob:

1 Like

I think they are the most fun of all the classes over all.