Are DH the only capable of learning glaive mogs?

Hi there!

I’m trying to create as few characters as possible on a server that can learn all possible mogs and I’m wondering about warglaives. Are DH the only class that can learn those mogs? I’d rather pick another leather-wearing class if possible but not sure if any others can learn that particular weap look.

Thanks for your time!

Currently, Demon Hunters are the only class that can equip a warglaive and thus the only class than can learn one as a transmog appearance.

1 Like

I believe Warriors could learn every Weapon skill, not sure if Warglaves fall into that category as they are new class as of Legion. I know they changed Illidan’s Warglave drops. My Hunter finally got one but it didn’t save to my Dressing room.

To make as few characters as possible, I’d go with:
Warrior (For the Weapon mogs / Plate armor)
Demon Hunter (For the Warglaves / Leather Armor)
Hunter or Shaman (For Mail armor)
Priest, Mage or Warlock (For Cloth Armor)

Your biggest hurdle is just picking which Cloth or Mail class you like to play. 4 characters minimum is required to be able to unlock “ALL” possible available mogs in-game. This however will not include class specific pieces. Picking Warrior to cover all the weapon drops for example will not allow you to use any Death Knight or Paladin only pieces for example. Same with Leather as your Demon Hunter won’t be able to use Druid, Rogue, or Monk gear for their appearance.

Then there is also the new heritage Armor that is not class specific, but rather Race locked.

Also, to provide more info about how Demon Hunters can obtain the transmoggable appearance of the Warglaive of Azzinoth that drop from Illidan, here is what must be done:

1. One of your eligible characters (Warrior, Rogue, Death Knight, Monk, or Demon Hunter) must obtain BOTH of the Warglaives from Illidan and equip them in order to obtain the Warglaives of Azzinoth achievement.

2. Once you have the achievement, ANY of your characters can do the Burning Crusade Timewalking version of Black Temple and kill Illidan.

3. You will then receive the I’ll Hold These For You Until You Get Out achievement. This will award you the Arsenal: The Warglaives of Azzinoth transmog appearance for your Demon Hunter to use.

Side note: The actual Warglaives that drop from Illidan (which are actually swords) cannot be transmogged by any class.