Are crafting professions worth it now?

From what I can gather, the only two professions that are really worth leveling at this point are engineering and maybe alchemy. And even alchemy is serve by server. I’ve heard about plenty of people saying most pots aren’t selling for that much more than the cost of the mats. Probably cause everybody has decided the go into the profession.

thats not the case in my server

the only pot thats really cheap is gfpp and the baby nature prot pots

There is a small window after each content update where you can get lucky and monopolize on a certain pattern and charge expensive crafting fees. That window is already long passed on most servers for all current content, and not really worth it at this point for the small possibility of getting first Naxx patterns. I would say gathering professions and alchemy are the professions to get at this point. Possibility of TBC could obviously change this, but for now probably not worth it.

Well, they’ll have like 15 years before that happens.

At this rate will be more like 6 years.

1 Like

Maybe good to start thinking if they are good in BC

The only one worth at this point is enchanting, and you dont even need to level it. Just disenchant everything and sell the mats or get your own enchants cheaper. Alchemy might not be bad for transmutes, but herbs are so expensive it’s not worth crafting your own pots and elixirs unless you plan on spending all day farming herbs.

You’re name is Incendius but you’re on Netherwind.