Are battle pets now sold like a commodity?

I keep track of how much battle pets that I need are sold for on the AH. Today, I’m refreshing my list and noticed that some pets are now selling for 2–3 times what they were previous to recent changes. This makes me wonder if battle pets are now all lumped together across all servers the way commodities like herbs, ore, etc are sold?

P.S. I wasn’t sure which forum group to ask this question so I thought to start with folks who know about battle pets.

They are not.

And you REALLY need to visit

https://magpie.wow-petguide.com

and

https://undermine.exchange/

where you will be able to see the prices across servers (Scroll down on Oribos Exchange after finding a species to see all servers)

However, it is now very easy to buy from other servers where the pet is cheaper.

1, Put the gold into your Warband Bank
2. Make an alt on the target server (Allied Race is ideal b/c insta-level 10)
3. Buy the pet from the cheaper server
4. Profit!!

This may be affecting prices, but if so, I would expect them to go down. not up. Odd.

2 Likes

I have been doing this for years now…I have a few alts on different realms not connected to my main realm…I usually buy a gold token for them to sell to get some gold fast…it work out quite well for me so far…got quite a few pets I didn’t have quite cheaper that way…

1 Like

As for battle pets as a commodity they have made me millions of gold since WoD…matter fact day 1 of the early access I cleared over 130,000 gold with new pets I found on the stable master in the new main city…next day I made about 90,000 on same 5 pets…now as of today its a bit harder to get those high gold prices now that TWW is fully Live now…

1 Like

One thing I noticed with TWW are that the pets from treasures are all non cageable and limited to 1 each this time.

Grabbing extras on alts from the more obscure located/hidden pets in past expansions was always a way to make a bit of extra gold selling them on the AH.

1 Like

Many of ones from quests though can be caged and sold…like one called Vanilla or one called Bop…folks that don’t collect or battle usually try to sell those ones early in the expansion cause after a few weeks most players will have them from the quests.

1 Like