Are any bears (particularly mythic raiders) considering swapping to another tank for SL?

I’ve been wondering that too. I’ve read through the SL feedback thread and it’s kinda baffling, they’ve responded to some concerns but completely ignored every post about bears. I don’t get it.

And thanks Oakenshroot! I still don’t know if I want my female Pandaren to be JohnGalt if I main her, but the guild name helps with the joke

9 Likes

I think the hybrid tax on druids is something they’re trying to re-implement. Because vanilla was perfect in every way (except for the ways they decided to change it, which have pissed off a lot of vanilla purists). In vanilla, if you wanted to play druid, you healed. That’s coming back.

I am not expecting to buy shadowlands. I figure after it fails hard, which we will see when half the playerbase has left by mid-expansion, they will come up with some band-aid fixes everybody has to grind for but which help only some types of players. Ie, elites only will benefit, like with titan residuum, an net loss for casuals.

It almost feels like they’re trying to convince casuals to buy the expansion and a big chunk of gametime, then go away forever, leaving the game a shell of its former self. But totally hardcore! It’ll be EPIC! with mostly min maxers who find multi-dimensional spreadsheets inspirational.

I’m failing to understand why they’re letting Ion turn the biggest game in its genre into a small game with a cult following. Is there no adult in the house to stop him?

3 Likes

Most probably because it satisfies their business metrics (retention, time spent) and development costs :slight_smile: Everyting else doesn’t matter anymore.

1 Like

I caught this and thought the same thing.
Sounds a whole lot like sometbing I said.
I wonder why?!
Hmmmmm

Sorry to disappoint.
I don’t post on alts.
What you see is what you get.

That being said…He’s not wrong about drez. Being rude does not make someone a troll.

If you find yourself confused again in the future. All my toons are named after members of the Wu-Tang Clan.

Aside from, you know, most of it.

Literally what are you talking about.

Again. What.

1 Like

This doesn’t make sense. If player is in situation A with no problem, but has a problem in situation B, then the player is not the issue otherwise the player would have had problems in both situations.

However, if there really is an issue with a certain class/spec, then it would read exactly as the OP stated.

For someone who hasn’t been playing the game that long, you have a lot of strong opinions about the gameplay of classes you clearly don’t play.

4 Likes

Of course it makes sense. Different specs play differently. If you have trouble with one, but not the other, then you’re likely doing something wrong with the former.

Alternatively, they could just be a big liar, but that’s rude to say.

(Sidenote; mathematically, their proposed scenario straight up, does not work. So either A; they’re the problem, B; they’re a liar, or C; they’ve broken the game)

1 Like

Almost all specs play the same nowadays: you have active mitigation A and B, spam mitigation C and 2-4 dps abilities.

The only difference is that some specs are garbage.

2 Likes

That’s not really accurate. Most specs play similar, you could run with that one. But the same? Objectively false.

And each spec puts different priorities on these, how to maintain/when to use, etc.

Do you understand how massive a power gap there is between someone in 470+ gear and someone in 440 gear.

There isn’t, and hasn’t, been that large a power disparity in simple capability to tank mobs in a long time.

2 Likes

Alt of yours, eh?