Are all casual solo players supposed to quit on

People need to seek it out for themselves. The alternative is people going around giving unsolicited advice and that seldom goes down well.
I have helped people on the forums many times when they ask for help but I’m not going to go telling people who are minding their business that they should cast judgement before hammer. If they ask then sure I’ll tell them but I’m not just going to look for a prot pally in trade and whisper them.

There are also class discords that have genuine experts who are happy to review logs and give advice etc. These literally the people that write the guides who are happy to look through logs if asked.

Also twitch streams are a great place to ask questions. To put it in sporting terms people have the ability to watch Messi training and ask him 1 on 1 questions.

If someone wants to get good they will. If they don’t want to they don’t have to that’s fine too of course but they are unlikely to progress as far.

1 Like

Absolutely there is a lot and it can be a lot but just pick one thing and work on that. When I started tanking I looked solely at my sotr uptime and tried to make that number as big as possible for like a week. Didn’t care about anything else. Now that I’m better at that I’m working on the next thing. It’s just baby steps.

You don’t need a group to improve. I always suggest trying to add people you play with along the way but you can start on your own just fine and it will get you playing with better people who you will then add and it’s just up and up from there.

I do think the game does a really poor job of helping people improve though and would love to see a basic training type thing build into the game as an optional way to help people play better because the game is (Imo) more fun when you are better at it.

2 Likes

the class discords can be great, but some of them are pretty not great.

someone mentioned it above, but plug the logs you have into wowanalyzer, and you’ll get some troll-free feedback on things you can do to improve

2 Likes

Mage discord was pretty snarky and mean, and they are part of the reason I gave up on that class. The hunter discord is far more chill, though I haven’t tried to ask for actual help there yet. Dunno how the other discords are.

observe, acknowledge wrong choices, get better

Rather than ask for help, look into what others do. For PvP, take a look at what players of the same class/spec higher on the leaderboards talent into. Same basic idea for m+/raiding with logs.

As a casual/solo player I am liking 9.2 little bit more after reading some posts from others saying what solo players are getting. We do have a progression path much like Borethia and it also seems our gear won’t change that much not like before.

I for one am not going to quit in fact will be having fun playing 9.2.

2 Likes

Yeah…class discords can be hit or miss. I find YouTube videos to be much better for learning new classes.

A time traveller and a mind reader.
Impressive.

Here’s me soloing an MoP raid boss during MoP.

1 Like

yes, for about two months or next expansion.

Won’t the solo players still be doing whatever they have been doing for the last 17 years?

Actually correction, solo players have more to do than ever before. So I don’t see the complaint? Do you want to go back to being stuck in questing greens/blues? Where your only activity is farming mats/gold? Well congrats shadowlands has that and and whole lot more so you can do just that! Afk in town all you want and herb to your hearts content.

1 Like

Before casual PVE content was introduce there most solo players were only limited to PVP. Even during the Wrath Days, I was was 2.5K Rated arena Gladiator.

I highly doubt most players would go back to pvp if they were locked out of content, but likely move to other MMOs such as Warframe, D&D Neverwinter, Tera, or Final Fantasy 14.

Honestly, GD is so full of crying from all directions I’m hard pressed to single any one group out. :smiley:

4 Likes

You say that like they haven’t tried this before. How long after MT launched did we see “nerf MT or I’m quitting” threads? 5 minutes? Less?

2 Likes

Don’t forget the forum meltdown over Horrific Visions when it launched.

2 Likes

Yeah…the carry market was nice in those days lol.

Its a commentary how its the same BS stuff its essentially been…and it impacts nothing really aside from our collections tab

i dont think most WoW players even understand this

I have a champion 1200 stamplar. I carry greatsword, bow, 2 1 handers, and a shield for build swapping. I switch between stormfist and chudan for monster set bonus, switch between deadly strike, briarheart, and clever alch for first 5 piece, and always wear tzogvin for second 5 piece. ESO great game. I stopped playing shortly before armory launch, so I don’t know first hand how much easier it is to build swap. I plan to make a glorious return in the future, but I expect all that gear I got maxed out will still be very effective :smiley:

1 Like

As long as it’s CP 160 it will be. I only change gear if I wanna change builds or try different set bonuses. It’s great. I’ve mainly been playing a stamina night blade with dual wield on main bar and bow on second bar. So nice not to have to chase gear every patch and then have it become irrelevant next patch like in WoW.