Ardenweld Feels Too Night Elfy for a druid zone

Compared to other races Night Elf’s seem like they get too much spotlight in lore its always in every single expansion an emphasis on something to do with the Night Elf’s. It had its charm once but its starting to lose it. I understand they played a huge role in the Warcraft universe but I can’t understand why Ardenweld already just feels like exclusively a night elf druid zone. Which is a shame because it would have been nice if the zone atmosphere was more inclusive. It is like blizzard forgets that night elf’s aren’t the only druids.

32 Likes

I haven’t played through their campaign. But is that not where you get more information on the Night Warrior and Elune? While Elune is primarily a Night Elf deity, if you’re into RP, you can use that knowledge for your NIghtborne, Troll (think some of them worship Elune) and Tauren. Also Worgen too I guess.

Also I heard Vol’jin is there too.

I understand what you’re saying. I think that’s just the nature of Night Elves and their aesthetics. They’re tied so much to nature that anything with a heavy nature theme automatically gives you the impression it’s “their zone”.

11 Likes

Shadowmoon Vallley was too NEish!! because it was purple…

15 Likes

I worship Elune and Hakkar.

3 Likes

Blizzard seems to forget that Tauren worship elune.

2 Likes

The oldest race of druids in Azeroth has much to do with nature, and the planes of nature, what a surprise.

“Too much spotlight” didn´t exist, because its blizzard choise who get the spotlight and its not allways a good thing to get all this spotlight.

4 Likes

No it isn’t i agree on that blizzards needs to put emphasis on other races which is why i liked BFA in that aspect it didn’t focus on a race for an entire zone. It also feels to me that ardenweld was designed to be a night elf zone rather then a druid zone which kind of bugs me.

2 Likes

I believe we bump into Yu’lon and Bwonsamdi. I can’t remember if I Cenaturis is really there. :thinking:

No one is so deeply connected to nature and has looked and learned so deeply into the planes of nature as the night elves. It is more likely that the night elves began to build their world according to nature’s guidelines, not the other way around.

like humans and titans, “Titans like Humanlike”, no, guys, Humans looks like Titans.

5 Likes

That’s pretty much all it is. You spend half the campaign solving Bwonsamdi’s problems for him, helping Vol’jin, saving Hir’eek, saving Shadra, and other Horde things I’d rather not be doing.

But, it has trees in it, so it’s a Night Elf zone. :roll_eyes:

30 Likes

I know it has nothing to do with NEs at all.
The only connection to NEs is Ysera and Shandris.
Heck it even retconns NE stuff with the emerald dream…

But since it is purple its a NE zone appearently…

7 Likes

There is the other half of the campaign, which is Tyrande stuff. It’s split roughly evenly (though the loa stuff feels like it drags on for patches and patches and patches).

Reason is of course because the Nightwarrior questline is basically happening in the Maw and Thorgast for most of the time with Shadnris talking to some guys.

While the troll stuff happens directly in the zone of course.

i think the night warriorstuff will be more important in 9.1

I’m not complaining, it makes sense.
Just don’t like the claim the zone would be Nightelvish … it has basically nothing to do with NEs nor do the quests.

It is just purple and one Nightelf happens to be there.

7 Likes

Yeah other than the dimly lit forest it isn’t really that night elvish

1 Like

I always thought it was too fey to be a night elf zone.

4 Likes

Oof 9.1, the patch where Tyrande gets her final justice for Teldrassil by killing a maw guardian

If they remember the Night Warrior storyline, of course. They might just forget it like they did in BfA.

maybe it will still be unimportant, but i think, i reallythink, after 9.0, Vol’jin will be a little bit unimportant for the Patches to com.

After you monsters burnt NE babies in their cribs I think the NE deserve at least a zone if not an entire expansion. Go back to Outland where you belong!

1 Like