Ardenweald is entirely forest

Your whole post is a mess, but this is what really stood out.
Big brain Faranoth here is apparently unaware that Kaldorei means Children of the STARS.

Night time skybox has stars

Treng: ABSOLUTLY NOT!

2 Likes

…why is this even a subject that merits discussion again? Did someone reject the possibility that an otherworldly esoteric realm didn’t have to conform to mortal ecological limitations? The NEPAS had something to do with it? Why would they reject that there’s a full afterlife that strongly conforms to nelf aesthetics?

4 Likes

It violates their victim card.

5 Likes

I can’t speak for other Nelf posters, but for me, I never rejected the idea that Ardenweald is entirely forest. I don’t even reject that idea that it is aesthetically adjacent to Nelf Aesthetics.

Only thing I reject is that Ardenweald is some love letter zone to Nelf players. Or even Nelf-centric in anyway.

I don’t believe Night Elves have a monopoly on forests and stars.

2 Likes

This one post, which claims Ardenweald as nothing to do with night elves, is liked by a whole ton of NEFPA, including Faralon. The very same Faralon who just posted this:

Edit: Continuing on…

THIS Faralon post is hilarious.

And here’s an entire chain of posts with Faralon arguing that Ardenweald is not a night elf zone.

2 Likes

Because it’s not a night elf zone.

As I said already. Night Elves don’t have a monopoly on forests and stars.

2 Likes

What other races uses Dark Magic Deciduous Forest motif while relying on northwestern European mythical creatures with some Greek elements sprinkled on top for razzle dazzle?

By my count it’s just

• Night Elves
  • Night Fae
8 Likes

Would have been nice if such things were uniquely night elf, but Blizzard saw fit to pass it on to Trolls as well. If that is the case, then there is no reason why Tauren can’t achieve the same thing with Mu’sha.

In fact, of all the races that use Dark/Lunar magic, only Night Elves suffer from the culture erasure as that core feature of their cultural identity is homogenized into the human-centric Church of Holy Light.

Err…what about the caves? >.>

Also, there are forest trolls. <.<

And probably forest goblins. And forest gnomes. And…

I mean, humans live in forests, too. (And maybe they’ll even get to be druids one day, too, without needing to be worgen or Kul’Tirans!)

To be fair, the color scheme is very much the same as what we’ve seen in the Night Elf starting zones, but the same could be said for a lot of places on Azeroth.

Also, there are cave systems in Ardenweald that may speak more to some of the other races–notably orcs and trolls. So while Ardenweald may be topically all forest, its subterranean landscapes may be vastly different.

1 Like

It isn’t just forest and night. It’s gods, purpose, link to the Emerald Dream (which only night elves are bound to, because Elune’s pet Ysera loved them above all other races), etc, etc, etc.

Or are we going to pretend the Nightsong never plays in Ardenweald? Or we never see nelf cutscenes in Ardenweald? Or that Ardenweald isn’t hyper focused on Ysera/Tyrande?

3 Likes

Elune abandon’s Tyrande in her time of need.

“Nelf cutscene” lol

I will say it is a bit early to state this categorically, as we don’t have the cinematic with Elune’s message yet. That is the last big piece we need to that puzzle.

I wasn’t even referring to that night elf cutscene, but thank you for reminding me about it.

Makes little difference to me, I play FFXIV now. Just letting the last couple weeks of game time run out.

Until Blizzard gets their act together, I am done with their trash.

Really late to this, but that’s not how forests work. Lakes and rivers exist within and around forests, they kind of have to. Ardenweald having lakes wouldn’t make it into something other than a forest.

10 Likes

Don’t bother. It never occurred to her that I didn’t list salmon or catfish as being screwed like sharks/starfish/whales/etc are.

Which is an odd statement to make, since you’re the only one arguing all zones are NE held… the lore on Ardenweald is that it was originally not a place designated for mortal souls to begin with… I would also like to point out that the realm of Ardenweald represents the DEATH and slumbering realm of the natural cycle, with the Emerald dream being the true afterlife of all Wild gods… Wild gods do not necessarily live there, and originally neither did mortals, which was why the soul shapes were necessary to be created. However apparently even the developers forgot that little factoid and have once again screwed up previously established lore.

The simple reason there are no biomes for varitable Wild gods, homes for mortals, etc… is that Ardenweald was not meant to be a final destination, and originally had to be modified to serve that capacity in a limited fashion as a result.

Lie. We meet plenty of mortal souls in Ardenweald.
We leave plenty of nelven souls in Ardenweald.

The lore for mortals in Ardenweald is sort of interesting. It seems they never went there by the original design back when Zovaal (possibly) ran the show. It was strictly a realm designed to keep the cycle of life and death running by facilitating nature spirit reincarnation.

It is only when the Arbiter came into the picture, after Zovaal’s Rebellion against the First One’s design, that they began to be sent to Ardenweald. The Winter Queen didnt even know what to do with them at first. Soul Shapes were eventually granted to them so that they could keep serving the cycle of nature in death.

5 Likes