Arctic Fox Kit missing?

I’ve been hunting this pet for a while now without any luck of even finding the snowy weather.

Finally, It’s snowing! But I still only find Mountain Skunk and Arctic Hare. I beat them and continue my search, but nothing. I’ve read that once it snows, they should be common, on their specific spawning points.

It’s the final pet I need for Zookeeper!

http://prntscr.com/m0niz0

This IS ‘snow’ right?

Hard to tell. That one can be elusive. I was fooled many times flying over Storm Peaks only to find that it wasn’t really snowing. Best bet is to use the download Pet Tracker to make sure you are in the right spot.

1 Like

Already have that addon. lol. Fly by all those spots… nothing…

1 Like

I just went there and it was snowing! Never had that luck when I was looking for them. Saw an Arctic Fox Kit in the Snowdrift Plains, so they aren’t missing. Just elusive.

Thanks for confirming they still exist!

Make sure you murder every critter you see, battleable or not. Every dead critter could respawn as the one you want (well not really but the philosophy is sound).

4 Likes

Has that ever been proven to work? I do it anyway, but yea. lol

People have been saying to do it this way for many expansions now, so I like to think that if it has been disproved, we’d be on top of that.

Even if it doesn’t work, it’s something to do while you wait for battle pets to respawn,

2 Likes

Other thing that’s made this guy hard to find, so very many realms share Northrend and Storm Peaks these days. Could be lot of competition you’re up against, and some of them the jerks that are looking for Rares and kill anything else in hopes of respawn. Which I don’t think they do.

There are several areas in the vanilla zones that pets share spawns with critters. Killing one can cause the other to spawn. The area in the hillsbrad foothills us one such area. That’s where you’ll find the snowshoe Hare, if you know how to hunt for it.

1 Like

OP, it MUST be snowing for these to spawn in Storm Peaks.

What I did was park an alt in a spawn area, and just log it every so often. Meaning if I was swapping toons, I would peak at that camped alt. Took a few weeks before I got lucky and it was snowing.

I finally managed to get it.

I’ve had it snow there many times but no foxes spawned, until finally Friday a fox appeared! I am now a Zookeeper!

2 Likes