Archon Reveal When?

Yeah I know. But what I meant was from the icon perspective thats what it looked like. It would be a golden looking for holy but pruple version for shadow. The point was just that from the icon maybe it was possible to view some effect or something like that

Given that Archon involves halo as it’s centerpiece and almost certainly replaces it with the old cascade spell it is already vastly better than the rotating micromanagement horror of Oracle even if there is no other power gains of note.

Below is what the description of Archon is on Alpha.

Archons are highly devout and deeply connected to the Light and Shadow. Archons can be blessed from higher beings to enter into an ascended state, becoming an ultimate version of themselves.

Might be reading too much into it, but it makes me think you would be using Dark Ascension (“ascended state”) and perhaps take the Holy PvP talent “Ascension” and rework it to be the light/holy side of Dark Ascension and bring into the Holy Tree?

I am starting to think that when they reveal the Archon talent tree, it might also come alongside a new reworked Class/Spec trees for Priest that makes everything fit and flow better with the addition of the Hero Paths.

1 Like

This is a great theory actually.

I could see minor reworks, but I think this seems a little unlikely. There’s a lot of classes undergoing changes right now. I think we’ll see Archon before we see many changes in our class trees.

Also seems like definitely reading way too much into it. Since we know it works off Halo, I think it’s quite likely that this is more a form that Halo activates - and probably is more passive buffs.

Also the Holy PvP talent would be a kinda big loss, since it’s got nothing to do with a buffed state - it’s just an escape from melee pressure. And the holy version of Dark Ascension is Apotheosis, essentially.

Oh yup, look at that…

Looking forward to checking out the talent calculator when its updated.

2 Likes

naw we have more.

you are forgetting our future reworks of these specs pending. cuze it always happens.

1 Like

i mean for voidweaver, they didn’t even bother to use Void Eruption to create the rift. It like fits 1 to 1.

Huge loss opportunity.

Instead, they use one of the worst moves for it, void torrent.

1 Like

Yeah but unless they reduce the CD of lid eruption, that would be pretty lack luster, also I feel like void bolt would work against what you are trying to accomplish in the rift window no?

well, it doesn’t have to be exactly like the current Void Eruption we have.
Just remove this potato from shadow the tree once and for all and redesign it for voidweaver.

Thats all.

simple as that.
This is a change long overdue. Especially ever since the Forum spam of “remove voidform.”

There is no point holding onto this half baked version from Legion/bfa

Maybe Archon be an Apotheosis, Dark Ascension/Void Eruption tree?,

Is very, very interesting on the wording. Excited to see the reveal.

Well I looked at it.

It’s basically a LOT of halo.

Notes:

• Cascade didn’t come back.
  • Casting halo casts 2 more halos afterward
    • These happen every 5 seconds for 10 seconds
  • After halo reaches max length it returns to you healing again.
  • Halo puts a healing boost on everyone it hits.
    • For shadow it’s a % damage boost to everyone it hits for you.
  • Halo extends apotheosis when it’s active.
    • For Shadow it extends voidform/ascension

The bad IMO

• This spec just makes fortitude 5% better (which locks that from disc priests - strange since it was historically a ‘disc’ talent)
  • This spec makes Power Infusion haste 10% better - again locking that option from Disc.
1 Like

Archon

Here is the new talent tree!

• Concentrated Infusion: Your Power Infusion effect grants you an additional 10% haste.

• Power Surge: Halo now centers around you and returns to you after it reaches its maximum distance, healing allies and damaging enemies each time it passes through them.

• Empowered Surges

• Shadow: Increases the damage done by Mind Flay: Insanity and Mind Spike Insanity by 25%. Increases the healing done by Flash Heals affected by Surge of Light by 30%.

• Holy: Increases the healing done by Flash Heals affected by Surge of Light by 30%.

• Energy Compression: Halo damage and healing is increased by 30%.

• Energy Cycle:

• Shadow: Consuming Surge of Insanity has a 100% chance to conjure Shadowy Apparitions.

• Holy: Consuming Surge of Light reduces the cooldown of Holy Word: Sanctify by 4 sec.

• Heightened Alteration:

• Shadow: Increases the duration of Dispersion by 2 sec.

• Holy: Increases the duration of Spirit of Redemption by 5 sec.

• Incessant Screams: Psychic Scream creates an image of you at your location. After 4 sec, the image will let out a Psychic Scream.

• Manifested Power:

• Shadow: Creating a Halo grants Surge of Insanity

• Holy: Creating a Halo grants Surge of Light

• Perfected Form:

• Shadow: Your damage dealt is increased by 10% while Dark Ascension is active and by 15% while Voidform is active.

• Holy: Your healing done is increased by 10% while Apotheosis is active and for 20 sec after you cast Holy Word: Salvation.

• Resonant Energy: Casting Halo also causes you to create a Halo around you at 100% effectiveness every 5 sec for 10 sec. Additionally, the radius of Halo is increased by 10 yards.

• Resonant Energy:

• Holy: Allies healed by your Halo receive 10% increased healing from you for 5 sec.

• Shadow: Enemies damaged by your Halo take 10% increased damage from you for 5 sec.

• Shock Pulse: Halo damage reduces enemy movement speed by 25% for 5 sec, stacking up to 2 times.

• Sustained Potency:

• Holy: Creating a Halo extends the duration of Apotheosis by 1 sec. If Apotheosis is not active up to 6 seconds is stored and applied the next time you gain Apotheosis

• Shadow: Creating a Halo extends the duration of Dark Ascension or Voidform by 1 sec. If Dark Ascension and Voidform are not active up to 6 seconds is stored and applied the next time you gain Dark Ascension or Voidform

• Word of Supremacy: Power Word: Fortitude grants you an additional 5% stamina.

Updated Talent Calculator…

Archon Priest & Fatebound Rogue Hero Talent Trees Now on Wowhead

2 Likes

yeah blizz needs to go back to the drawing board , but keep power word life 50% hp , is the only thing i like in archon lol

If they want to create a Halo that expands and then returns to you, they might as well replace Halo with the Cascade of yore.

Bring back Cascade!

I really had my expectations to high. I played myself. Le sigh. I’ll still take this over oracle though.

2 Likes

after oracle , holy will take anything tbh so archon doesnt look that bad

edit : fixed man mixed both hero specs , need some sleep

Very true. I’m trying to at the very least look at it like that. Better than oracle at the very least

Archon is a massive disappointment for Shadow, further demonstrating the challenges with continuing to support two versions of the spec, and in no way reflects the fantasy the flavor text promises.

5 Likes

Hmm, no cascade, but Halo will functionally act the same. They must be changing the tree around so we get Halo baseline.

I have some other questions.

* Word of Supremacy needs to go imho. It’s a mandatory pick for raid because it’s a +10% stamina bonus which also gives Holy/Shadow a power advantage over Disc. +10% stamina would also be really strong for high-end keys to survive big hits. There’s literally zero wiggle room to play Oracle for raid or even M+ because of how powerful Word of Supremacy is.

• Cascade will probably be available in the tree somehow. Just a hunch.
  • I’m assuming Halo is going to be baseline somehow or more accessible.
  • Sustained Potency basically makes Answered Prayers a mandatory pick.
  • Bit strange that Energy Cycle makes SoL reduce Sanctifys cooldown instead of Serenity.

Overall this tree looks pretty good and is way better than Oracle in utility and healing. The pulsing Halo’s do help with Holy’s lack of passive AOE healing in M+.

2 Likes