Archeology question

Hunting the ultramarine battle scarab mount. I’m doing the mantid farm and just found my third rare. I got the ring then necklace then pet. Wondering if I should or need to level up an alt now that I hit three rares. Really don’t wanna have to level archeology to 525 again. Doing this on my dwarf alchemist for chance at vial and the racial bonus also. I would swap and level up Druid archeology if it’s in my interest.

I’ve heard that after the third rare item your chance of seeing the mount drops.

This is the first I’ve ever heard this.

IMHO, sounds like conspiracy theory nonsense by people who don’t like RNG.

2 Likes

I guess maybe I worded it wrong, from what it sounds like you’re guaranteed to see a rare once you’ve completed all the common finds from that particular site. Ie once you complete the six tol vir common artifacts you’re guaranteed to see a rare the next solve. So some people suggest once you see 2-3 rare items you swap to a new toon for that early chance.

So, someone believes there’s some kind of pattern to archaeology solves? Wouldn’t be the first time. People are desperate to see patterns in randomness.

I’ve never seen that more detailed explanation anywhere else. I’m suspicious of any explanation for a WoW system that claims anything is “guaranteed”, ever. WoW has not been very big on “guaranteed”. That kind of stuff comes in with much publicized bad-luck protection measures, which are an exception.

1 Like

Ended up getting blue scarab this morning as my 4th rare, roughly 65 tolvir solves. Was dreading the grind but ended up not being so bad.

1 Like