Archaic Cipher Key - The Key to Success quest shows Delver's Journey reward capped

Still no word from Blizzard. This is supposed to be this week’s focus with the bonus event, yet it doesn’t work and Blizzard won’t acknowledge it or fix it.

3 Likes

I’m having this exact problem as well. Maxed out, won’t unlock the very last bubble, keep running bountiful delves but my journey progress refuses to increase.

I logged in on an alt last night and it had the last bubble filled in. Im not sure why it wasn’t showing up on my main

Hmm I just did my first delve of the week, got the key and accepted the quest. Showing as red for me as well. Not even into the 2nd bubble yet for progress. I guess I will just sit on this until it gets potential corrected.

/meh

1 Like

I turned this in and the text was red and didn’t get anything too. Also not getting the 25% buff either on the runs I did yesterday or today… kind of annoying.

Do you think they will fix this and grant it to people that already turned it in?

can someone figure out how a community leader or community wow manager can give us a response to this one? @blizzdevs or whomever.

1 Like

Turned it in, like a dummy. Even saw the red text beforehand. :persevere:

Hm, I did see the red text but decided to turn in anyway, and my Delver’s Journey did progress about a bar (and now I am just under the 5th unlock, brown paint). I am not sure if I am at the cap now and the red text simply indicated that I was going to partially overcap, or if the red text is purely a visual bug that doesn’t matter.

Still bugged here :confused:

Yeah, it seemed to give me ≈a full bar also.

The good people of r/wow on reddit said that the reason its red is because the xp required to hit the next node is less than the 3K. When you turn in the quest you will get all the XP to hit the next node and the surplus toward the next node. In other words you get all 3K XP. Not a bug just poor visual design in the quest reward.
Tried it myself and had the delver XP window open while i turned it in and got all 3K.

4 Likes

Likewise.

Although I waited until I had installed the Delve Junkie addon so I could see the actual progress numbers and do the math.

(That’s not me, that’s just the screen shot from the addon’s Curseforge page.)

3 Likes

Handed this in yesterday after I found the thread in General where people had verified they were getting progress with the script or addon. As it turns out, the theory that “people didn’t level up so they thought they got 0” was fairly plausible.

2 Likes

I just tried this and it did give it to me. So I guess it’s what you said about poor visual design

1 Like

This was before I turned it in. Red text, and my bar.

And this was right after turning in:

As you can see, it took me past the 4th bubble and into the next one.

So it does give you the full reward.

2 Likes

I had the same problem but with only one bar filled. I submitted a ticket and linked it to this post.

This crap is still broken after the reset. 3k delver’s journey exp still showing red

I made the mistake of turning this in and recieved nothing for my turn in. I’m just barely over 2 bulbs into it. Really disappointing with all these kinks related to Delves when it was supposed to be a highlight of the expansion.